Don Bosco Prep H.S.
- Don Bosco Prep is a private, Catholic, college preparatory high school for young men, grades 9 through 12.
- Administered by the Salesian Society of St. John Bosco, a religious order of priests and brothers, Don Bosco Prep is solidly founded on Catholic philosophy.
- The school offers rigorous academics at the AP, Honors and College Preparatory levels.
- Broad offerings are also provided in extracurricular activities, clubs and athletics.
- Accredited by The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Don Bosco Prep is a member of The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, The National Catholic Education Association, The National Association of Secondary School Principals, The National Honor Society, and the The New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association.
Don Bosco Prep H.S. places among the top 20% of private schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||848 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Studio Art, AP United States History|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(DBP Polo Shirt, Khaki Pants, Dress Shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,200|
|Tuition Notes||Underclassmen Student Fee - $535 Capital Improvement Fee - $500 Registration Fee - $850|
|Admissions Director||Christopher Donnelly|
|Admissions Associate||Marilyn Palka|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Crew, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||69 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Ambassadors, Amnesty International, Asian Club, Autism Awareness Club, Black Student Association, Book Club, Business Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Creative Writing Club, Criminal Justice/Law Club, Debate Team, Emergency Responders, English Honor Society, Environmental Awareness, French Club, French Honor Society, Frisbee Teams, German Culture Club, German Honor Society, Health Occupations Students of America, History Club, Ironmen Fighting Cancer, Ironmen Speak Out, Italian Club, Italian Honor Society, Junior Statesmen of America, Knights of Don Bosco, Latin Club, LINK Club, Literary Magazine, Math Honor Society, Math Team, Mission Club, Mock Trial, Model Congress, Model UN, MSG Varsity Reporters, National Honor Society, Newspaper - The Ironman, Peer Mediation, Photography Club, Pro Life Club, Prom Committees, Prospective Physicians Club, Robotics Team, SADD - Students Against Destructive Decisions, Science Honor Society, Spanish Club, Spanish Honor Society, Spectrum, Student Council, Wilderness Survival Club, Yearbook - The Bosconian, Youth Ministry Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Bagpipe and Drum Corps, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Liturgical Music Group, School Musical, Stage Crew, String Ensemble, TV Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramurals, Outdoors Club, Ping Pong Club, Ski and Snowboard Clu
- CLASS of 2015 ACHIEVEMENTS
- 1 National Merit Scholarship Finalist
- 8 National Merit Commended Scholars
- Over $31 million in scholarships, grants and financial aid from colleges and universities
- 48 Advanced Placement Scholars
- 99-100% of graduates attend college, the balance enter the military or attend a post graduate school for sports.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wayne Grades: 8-12 | 560 students
1512 Alps Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973)694-3702 9.7 8-12
- Paramus Grades: 9-12 | 1520 students
425 Paramus Rd
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201)445-4466 8.6 9-12
- Morristown Grades: 7-12 | 592 students
230 Mendham Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973)538-3231 28.1 7-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.