Donovan Catholic Photo #2 - An image of our Quad during the winter months. Students have the ability to eat their lunch and recreate in this secure space during the daily flex period in the warmer months.
Donovan Catholic Photo #3 - A view of our campus from above. Included is Donovan Catholic, St. Joseph Grade School, St. Joseph Parish, and our stadium. Additionally Donovan also has an Athletic Complex of soccer, lacrosse, and baseball fields off of Whitty Rd. in Toms River.
Donovan Catholic Photo #4 - Opening Mass 2016 at St. Joseph Parish Church, located on the Donovan campus. Donovan students attend mass as a student body several times throughout the school year.
Donovan Catholic Photo #5 - Donovan students have the opportunity to travel the globe on educational and service oriented trips.
- Donovan Catholic is a learning community seeking truth through faith, service and scholarship.
- The Catholic community of Donovan Catholic educates its students to live their faith, respect and serve others, and pursue academic excellence in a college preparatory environment.
- To fulfill our mission, we have developed a strong curriculum that includes a wide range of subjects, recognizes various ability levels, and nurtures students' curiosity and creativity.
- Our Campus Ministry program and Religion Department encourage students to serve others, while reflecting about life and their relationship with God and other people.
- Our co-curricular and athletic programs offer a wide range of activities that encourage students to develop and apply their talents outside the classroom setting.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||685 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP United States History, AP World History, Catholic Social Teaching (Honors/College Credit through Georgian Court Univ.), Computer Science (Honors/College Credit through Ocean County College)|
|Average SAT score||1254|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki Pants or Kilt with Blue Polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,540|
|Tuition Notes||10 month payment plan|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathleen D'Andrea|
|Admissions Associate||Dennis Carey|
|Total Sports Offered||24 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Surf Team, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
- - Only Catholic High School in Ocean County. - All students must fulfill a service requirement. - Every student receives a laptop computer. - Collegiate Scheduling is utilized.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Red Bank Grades: 9-12 | 828 students
112 Broad Street
Red Bank, NJ 07701
(732)747-5113 28.2 9-12
- Belmar Grades: 9-12 | 485 students
607 7th Ave
Belmar, NJ 07719
(732)681-2858 18.3 9-12
- Holmdel Grades: 9-12 | 979 students
540A Line Road
Holmdel, NJ 07733
(732)739-0800 29.4 9-12
- Toms River Grades: PK-12 | 101 students
700 Main St
Toms River, NJ 08753
(732)341-0860 0.4 PK-12
- Toms River Grades: K-9 | 200 students
1563 Old Freehold Rd
Toms River, NJ 08755
(732)286-1761 0 K-9
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.