East Bay Waldorf School
- The East Bay Waldorf School offers a developmentally-appropriate, experiential approach to education, integrating the arts and academics for children from PreK through 8th grade.
- We cultivate the spark of individuality in each child helping them grow intellectually, physically, emotionally, and creatively.
- The Waldorf curriculum is challenging, experiential, and comprehensive.
- What others consider "extracurricular," we consider "essential" to becoming a well-educated and well-rounded human being. As part of their regular classes, all students study foreign language, singing, recorder, orchestra, fine arts, games, movement, handwork, woodwork, gardening and drama.
- Waldorf education is celebrating it's 100th Birthday this year -- with 1000 schools around the globe. We are the educational alternative with a proven track record of success.
- Families come from Oakland, Berkeley, Lafayette, Orinda, Walnut Creek, Richmond, El Cerrito, Vallejo, Pinole, Benicia and of course, El Sobrante to give their child the firm foundation of a Waldorf PreK-8 education.
- Our graduates go on to high schools that reflect their interests -- public or private, competitive academic, artistic or alternative. They are ready for anything and high schools appreciate their interest and engagement.
- The aim of Waldorf education is to inspire life-long learning in each student and enable them to fully develop their unique capacities.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(non-distracting & free of logos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,500|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based tuition adjustment available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Katie Alemio|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Drama Club, Music Ensembles
- In addition to reading, writing, math, the humanities and the sciences, our students have regular lessons in a wide variety of subjects, including:
- Handwork -- e.g. knitting, sewing
- Fine arts
- Games and Sports
- Eurythmy (Movement)
- Outdoor Education
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed East Bay Waldorf School also viewed these schools: A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation, Prospect Sierra School, Bethel Christian Academy, The Academy and The Berkeley School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)262-1500 2.3 K-12
- El Cerrito Grades: K-8 | 474 students
960 Avis Drive/2060 Tapscott Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)236-5800 3.2 K-8
- El Sobrante Grades: K-12 | 85 students
431 Rincon Rd
El Sobrante, CA 94803
(510)223-9550 0.9 K-12
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 7.6 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 6.6 PK-8
We have been happy at this Waldorf school from early childhood into middle school now. You cannot beat the campus setting - it is an integral part of the East Bay Waldorf education that makes the kids here so terrific. The amazing teachers, Waldorf curriculum, multiple subjects and outdoor gardening and hiking all combine to make this a really special Waldorf school. We drive the 20 minutes from Berkeley because it's worth it. The students are relaxed and happy and love learning. They have inner motivation. This school truly preserves childhood while giving the children a terrific, multi-faceted education.
- Posted by Parent - mom of 2