East Bay Waldorf School
- The East Bay Waldorf School offers a developmentally-appropriate, experiential approach to education, integrating the arts and academics for children from PreK through 8th grade.
- We cultivate the spark of individuality in each child helping them grow intellectually, physically, emotionally, and creatively.
- The Waldorf curriculum is challenging, experiential, and comprehensive.
- What others consider "extracurricular," we consider "essential" to becoming a well-educated and well-rounded human being. As part of their regular classes, all students study foreign language, singing, recorder, orchestra, fine arts, games, movement, handwork, woodwork, gardening and drama.
- Waldorf education is celebrating it's 100th Birthday this year -- with 1000 schools around the globe. We are the educational alternative with a proven track record of success.
- Families come from Oakland, Berkeley, Lafayette, Orinda, Walnut Creek, Richmond, El Cerrito, Vallejo, Pinole, Benicia and of course, El Sobrante to give their child the firm foundation of a Waldorf PreK-8 education.
- Our graduates go on to high schools that reflect their interests -- public or private, competitive academic, artistic or alternative. They are ready for anything and high schools appreciate their interest and engagement.
- The aim of Waldorf education is to inspire life-long learning in each student and enable them to fully develop their unique capacities.
Upcoming Events and News
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(non-distracting & free of logos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,500|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based tuition adjustment available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Katie Alemio|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Drama Club, Music Ensembles
- In addition to reading, writing, math, the humanities and the sciences, our students have regular lessons in a wide variety of subjects, including:
- Handwork -- e.g. knitting, sewing
- Fine arts
- Games and Sports
- Eurythmy (Movement)
- Outdoor Education
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed East Bay Waldorf School also viewed these schools: A Better Chance School/California Autism Foundation, Prospect Sierra School, Bethel Christian Academy, The Academy and The Berkeley School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Pablo Grades: K-12 | 34 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510)262-1500 2.3 K-12
- El Cerrito Grades: K-8 | 474 students
960 Avis Drive/2060 Tapscott Ave.
El Cerrito, CA 94530
(510)236-5800 3.2 K-8
- El Sobrante Grades: K-12 | 85 students
431 Rincon Rd
El Sobrante, CA 94803
(510)223-9550 0.9 K-12
- Berkeley Grades: K-8 | 105 students
2722 Benvenue Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)549-0605 7.6 K-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 6.6 PK-8