East Dallas Community School
5.00 (1 review)
- EDCS is a nonprofit, AMI-recognized Montessori school serving an ethnically diverse group of primarily low income families.
- We are family and community oriented, and we welcome and encourage parent involvement.
- For over 30 years we have been proving that all children, regardless of ethnicity or income level, can succeed when you start young and involve parents.
East Dallas Community School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is charged on a sliding scale, depending on family income. Additionally, we offer tuition credit for volunteer work to all families, regardless of income level.|
- EDCS is an AMI-recognized Montessori school. All teachers are AMI-trained and certified.
- We offer a parent education program for families with children from birth to age 3, a toddler community for children from 14 months to age 3, two primary classes for children ages 3 to 6, a lower elementary class for children ages 6 to 9, and before and after school care.
- In a neighborhood in which the public high school graduation rate is less than 50%, of children who attended EDCS through the third grade and who are now old enough to have graduated from high school, 94% have graduated from high school and 88% of these have gone on to college.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: NS-3 | 76 students
18303 Davenport Rd
Dallas, TX 75252
(972)985-8844 14.4 NS-3
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 163 students
4500 West Davis St.
Dallas, TX 75211
(214)337-0244 11.4 PK-8
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 180 students
1601 Oates Dr
Dallas, TX 75228
(214)324-5580 3.9 PK-8
My daughter attended The EDCS from pre K through third grade. Her experience at the school was the best in her life, and the tools she got were the foundation of what she is today, despite her learning disabilities A High School Graduate with Honors and ready to attend The SCAD Savannah College of Art and Design. Thanks EDSC you are the best!!!!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - lcflo
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.