East Dallas Community School
5.00 (1 review)
- EDCS is a nonprofit, AMI-recognized Montessori school serving an ethnically diverse group of primarily low income families.
- We are family and community oriented, and we welcome and encourage parent involvement.
- For over 40 years we have been proving that all children, regardless of ethnicity or income level, can succeed when you start young and involve parents.
East Dallas Community School places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-3|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 39%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,300|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is charged on a sliding scale, depending on family income. Additionally, we offer tuition credit for volunteer work to all families, regardless of income level.|
- EDCS is an AMI-recognized Montessori school. All teachers are AMI-trained and certified.
- We offer a parent education program for families with children from birth to age 3, a toddler community for children from 14 months to age 3, two primary classes for children ages 3 to 6, a lower elementary class for children ages 6 to 9, and before and after school care.
- In a neighborhood in which the public high school graduation rate is less than 50%, of children who attended EDCS through the third grade and who are now old enough to have graduated from high school, 94% have graduated from high school and 88% of these have gone on to college.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas Grades: NS-3 | 76 students
18303 Davenport Rd
Dallas, TX 75252
(972)985-8844 14.4 NS-3
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 163 students
4500 West Davis St.
Dallas, TX 75211
(214)337-0244 11.4 PK-8
- Dallas Grades: PK-8 | 180 students
1601 Oates Dr
Dallas, TX 75228
(214)324-5580 3.9 PK-8
My daughter attended The EDCS from pre K through third grade. Her experience at the school was the best in her life, and the tools she got were the foundation of what she is today, despite her learning disabilities A High School Graduate with Honors and ready to attend The SCAD Savannah College of Art and Design. Thanks EDSC you are the best!!!!!!!!
- Posted by Parent - lcflo
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.