East Memorial Christian Academy
- East Memorial Christian Academy (EMCA) is a spiritual and educational ministry of East Memorial Baptist Church (EMBC).
- Our mission is to glorify Jesus Christ while shaping the hearts and minds of our students’ for a lifetime of Christian service.
- As such, we constantly strive to provide our students with a Christ-centered education that addresses their spiritual, cognitive, social, and physical needs.
- We strive to include the critical elements of our students’ family along with caring Christian teachers who employ Bible-based curriculum.
- Together we accomplish our “One Family – One Focus” approach to education.
- Due to rapid and continue growth, we moved into a $10M newly-constructed facility in July 2007.
- We will continue to make improvements to our processes, infrastructure, and curriculum.
- A major goal is EMCA to be the “Go-to School for Science and Math.” We want to be the first school parents think of when looking at Science and Math programs.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math w/Trig/PreCal, Algebra I, Algebra II, American Government, Biology w/lab, Chemistry w/lab, Economics, English and Literature 9, English and Literature 10, English and Literature 11, English and Literature 12, Geometry, Physical Science, Physics w/lab, Reasearch and Writing, Spanish I, Spanish II, US History 1877 to present, US History to 1877, World Geography, World History|
|Average ACT score||22|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Tuition Notes||2012-2013 tuition is $4,400 per year (all grades). Discounts available for siblings.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Hopkins|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, Track and Field, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Math Competition Team, National Beta Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Government Association|
- AISA Blue Ribbon School
- SACS Accredited
- Christian curriculum in a Christ-centered environment
- Accelerated Reader program in K-5 thru 5th grades
- State of the art science lab
- SmartBoards(R) used in math, science and computer classes
- Extensive J/V and Varsity athletic programs -- football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, track and cheering
- SchoolMinder, GradeQuick and EdLine used to manage all aspects of administrative operations, maintain electronic grade books, and make student relevant information readily available to parents and students on the Internet
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Elementary enrichment classes include computer, art, Spanish culture and familiarization, library, AR(R), music, and physical education
- Elementary extracurricular sports include cheerleading, PeeWee and Termite football, YMCA/EMCA soccer, volleyball and basketball
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prattville Grades: NS-12 | 722 students
322 Old Farm Lane N.
Prattville, AL 36066
(334)285-0077 2.4 NS-12
- Millbrook Grades: PK-12 | 172 students
3151 Hwy 14
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334)285-0208 2.3 PK-12
- Prattville Grades: PK-12 | 289 students
497 Golson Rd
Prattville, AL 36067
(334)365-4343 7.3 PK-12
- Prattville Grades: PK-K | 136 students
201 Woodvale Rd
Prattville, AL 36067
(334)365-5693 3.2 PK-K
- Hopewell Grades: PK-12 | 132 students
1600 Atlantic St
Hopewell, VA 23860
(804)458-6142 613.4 PK-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.