East Memorial Christian Academy
- East Memorial Christian Academy (EMCA) is a spiritual and educational ministry of East Memorial Baptist Church (EMBC).
- Our mission is to glorify Jesus Christ while shaping the hearts and minds of our students’ for a lifetime of Christian service.
- As such, we constantly strive to provide our students with a Christ-centered education that addresses their spiritual, cognitive, social, and physical needs.
- We strive to include the critical elements of our students’ family along with caring Christian teachers who employ Bible-based curriculum.
- Together we accomplish our “One Family – One Focus” approach to education.
- Due to rapid and continue growth, we moved into a $10M newly-constructed facility in July 2007.
- We will continue to make improvements to our processes, infrastructure, and curriculum.
- A major goal is EMCA to be the “Go-to School for Science and Math.” We want to be the first school parents think of when looking at Science and Math programs.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math w/Trig/PreCal, Algebra I, Algebra II, American Government, Biology w/lab, Chemistry w/lab, Economics, English and Literature 9, English and Literature 10, English and Literature 11, English and Literature 12, Geometry, Physical Science, Physics w/lab, Reasearch and Writing, Spanish I, Spanish II, US History 1877 to present, US History to 1877, World Geography, World History|
|Average ACT score||22|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Tuition Notes||2012-2013 tuition is $4,400 per year (all grades). Discounts available for siblings.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Hopkins|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, Track and Field, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Math Competition Team, National Beta Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Government Association|
- AISA Blue Ribbon School
- SACS Accredited
- Christian curriculum in a Christ-centered environment
- Accelerated Reader program in K-5 thru 5th grades
- State of the art science lab
- SmartBoards(R) used in math, science and computer classes
- Extensive J/V and Varsity athletic programs -- football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, track and cheering
- SchoolMinder, GradeQuick and EdLine used to manage all aspects of administrative operations, maintain electronic grade books, and make student relevant information readily available to parents and students on the Internet
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Elementary enrichment classes include computer, art, Spanish culture and familiarization, library, AR(R), music, and physical education
- Elementary extracurricular sports include cheerleading, PeeWee and Termite football, YMCA/EMCA soccer, volleyball and basketball
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PrattvilleGrades: PK-12 | 722 students
322 Old Farm Lane N.
Prattville, AL 36066
- MillbrookGrades: PK-12 | 290 students
PO Box 1090
Millbrook, AL 36054
- HopewellGrades: PK-12 | 132 students
1600 Atlantic St
Hopewell, VA 23860
- PrattvilleGrades: PK-KG | 135 students
201 Woodvale Rd
Prattville, AL 36067
- PrattvilleGrades: PK-12 | 273 students
497 Golson Rd
Prattville, AL 36067
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.