East Memorial Christian Academy
Tel: (334) 358-4085
East Memorial Christian Academy (EMCA) is a spiritual and educational ministry of East Memorial Baptist Church (EMBC).
Our mission is to glorify Jesus Christ while shaping the hearts and minds of our students’ for a lifetime of Christian service.
As such, we constantly strive to provide our students with a Christ-centered education that addresses their spiritual, cognitive, social, and physical needs.
We strive to include the critical elements of our students’ family along with caring Christian teachers who employ Bible-based curriculum.
Together we accomplish our “One Family – One Focus” approach to education.
Due to rapid and continue growth, we moved into a $10M newly-constructed facility in July 2007.
We will continue to make improvements to our processes, infrastructure, and curriculum.
A major goal is EMCA to be the “Go-to School for Science and Math.” We want to be the first school parents think of when looking at Science and Math programs.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math w/Trig/PreCal, Algebra I, Algebra II, American Government, Biology w/lab, Chemistry w/lab, Economics, English and Literature 9, English and Literature 10, English and Literature 11, English and Literature 12, Geometry, Physical Science, Physics w/lab, Reasearch and Writing, Spanish I, Spanish II, US History 1877 to present, US History to 1877, World Geography, World History|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,400|
|Tuition Notes||2012-2013 tuition is $4,400 per year (all grades). Discounts available for siblings.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Hopkins|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Softball, Track and Field, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Band, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Math Competition Team, National Beta Club, National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Government Association|
- AISA Blue Ribbon School
- SACS Accredited
- Christian curriculum in a Christ-centered environment
- Accelerated Reader program in K-5 thru 5th grades
- State of the art science lab
- SmartBoards(R) used in math, science and computer classes
- Extensive J/V and Varsity athletic programs -- football, basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, track and cheering
- SchoolMinder, GradeQuick and EdLine used to manage all aspects of administrative operations, maintain electronic grade books, and make student relevant information readily available to parents and students on the Internet
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Elementary enrichment classes include computer, art, Spanish culture and familiarization, library, AR(R), music, and physical education
- Elementary extracurricular sports include cheerleading, PeeWee and Termite football, YMCA/EMCA soccer, volleyball and basketball
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prattville Grades: NS-12 | 722 students
322 Old Farm Lane N.
Prattville, AL 36066
(334) 285-0077 2.4 NS-12
- Millbrook Grades: PK-12 | 172 students
3151 Hwy 14
Millbrook, AL 36054
(334) 285-0208 2.3 PK-12
- Prattville Grades: PK-12 | 289 students
497 Golson Rd
Prattville, AL 36067
(334) 365-4343 7.3 PK-12
- Prattville Grades: PK-K | 125 students
201 Woodvale Rd
Prattville, AL 36067
(334) 365-5693 3.2 PK-K
- Hopewell Grades: PK-12 | 124 students
1600 Atlantic St
Hopewell, VA 23860
(804) 458-6142 613.4 PK-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.