Eastern Point Day School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (978) 283-1700
- Eastern Point Day School, a growing independent non-profit school, provides an affordable and exceptional education for grades Pre-K through 8th in Gloucester, MA. We offer a nurturing environment where children excel academically, grow emotionally with confidence, and develop social responsibility.
- Our hands-on experiential learning, small class size and deep respect for a child's individuality enable us to inspire, challenge & educate. Call 978-283-1700 for more information or visit http://www.easternpointdayschool.org.
Eastern Point Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||39 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniforms: polo shirts and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||scholarships and financial aid available|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cycling, Dance, Diving, Gymnastics, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Cycling,|
Gymnastics, Nordic Skiing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||cooking, gardening, music, yearbook club|
The Eastern Point experience includes:
- Academic excellence
- Curriculum based on successful practices and the latest research
- Thematic teaching and learning with emphasis on curriculum integration
- Multi-age classrooms and flexible grouping Individualized instruction
- Creative thinking, problem solving, and teamwork
- Small class sizes
- A kind and caring environment where all people treat each other with dignity and respect
- Off-site experiential learning and community partnerships
- Enrichment programs including Art, Creative Movement, Drama, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish Extended Day activity-based programs until 5:00 p.m.
- Curriculum and enrichment programs for home school families
- Reasonable tuition with sibling discounts, financial aid, and scholarship programs
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gloucester Grades: PK-6 | 39 students
384 Washington St
Gloucester, MA 01930
(978) 283-8856 2.8 PK-6
- Gloucester Grades: NS-PK | 40 students
1123 Washington Street
Gloucester, MA 01930
(978) 283-2814 5.6 NS-PK
- Manchester Grades: PK-K | 29 students
62 School St
Manchester, MA 01944
(978) 526-8487 6 PK-K
- Manchester Grades: 2-8 | 157 students
167 Bridge Street
Manchester, MA 01944
(978) 236-3100 7.3 2-8
My son has been enrolled in the Pre-K program for 2 years now, and he is making great strides. He thinks of his school as more of a home away from home, he looks forward to going each morning and doesn't want to leave at the end of the day. I couldn't be happier with our little school on the hill!
- Posted by Parent - tgic1
When we did the preschool search after relocating to the Gloucester area, EPDS was the most responsive of everyone we called. We have loved our year so far in the EPDS community. The preschool classroom is a creative, exciting, nurturing place to be! Please don't let the name fool you into thinking it's expensive, either--it is comparable to other area preschools if not more affordable.
- Posted by Parent - Beeka
This school is just what i was looking for! They truely teach the whole child. When you dont add the pressure of teaching to a test, the teachers can really focus on a complete education. Love his little school!
- Posted by Parent - red9_
My son has been at EPDS for nearly 2 years. The impact on him academically and as a citizen has truly been profound. It is a wonderful, rich, nurturing environment that forms and directs young minds down the right path. At 7, the work he brings home is amazing and encourages critical thinking. Really Great
- Posted by Parent - brian
This school is a real gem. The teachers are creative and care very much about the children. The small class sizes allow for individualized attention and make learning fun. My kids are excited to go to school and feel that they are part of a special community of learning!
- Posted by Parent - bronw
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.