- Educational Alternative program begins in Pre-K and continues through High School. Educational Alternative is remedial in nature; a sensory integration based, multi-sensory approach teaches students strategies and methods which facilitate long term learning.
- In order for students to be able to compete in an academic mainstream environment, they need to not only develop the appropriate academic skills but the social and emotional skills as well.
- Our Day School Program is intensive and remedial; yet also provides an environment which students may learn and grow in a setting which is reinforcing, comfortable and caring.
- At Educational Alternative, Older students are encouraged to become mentors and/or peer tutors to younger students.
- This is an ability which builds both self-esteem and motivation.
- Younger students are encouraged to seek out older students for help when necessary allowing them to become more independent learners.
- Additionally, the day school follows the guidelines of the public school system so that children will be exposed to the same areas of curriculum required in the mainstream class.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: 1-12 | 56 students
1475 Nw 14th Ave
Miami, FL 33125
(305)547-4715 0 1-12
- Miami Grades: K-12 | 103 students
10100 SW 107 Avenue
Miami, FL 33176
(305)271-2678 12.5 K-12
- Miami Grades: K-12 | 77 students
5651 Sw 82nd Avenue Rd
Miami, FL 33143
(305)275-5900 8.8 K-12