- Educational Alternative program begins in Pre-K and continues through High School. Educational Alternative is remedial in nature; a sensory integration based, multi-sensory approach teaches students strategies and methods which facilitate long term learning.
- In order for students to be able to compete in an academic mainstream environment, they need to not only develop the appropriate academic skills but the social and emotional skills as well.
- Our Day School Program is intensive and remedial; yet also provides an environment which students may learn and grow in a setting which is reinforcing, comfortable and caring.
- At Educational Alternative, Older students are encouraged to become mentors and/or peer tutors to younger students.
- This is an ability which builds both self-esteem and motivation.
- Younger students are encouraged to seek out older students for help when necessary allowing them to become more independent learners.
- Additionally, the day school follows the guidelines of the public school system so that children will be exposed to the same areas of curriculum required in the mainstream class.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MiamiGrades: NS-8 | 68 students
8000 Sw 112th St
Miami, FL 33156
AventuraGrades: NS | 33 students
2785 Ne 183rd St Ste 100
Aventura, FL 33160
MiamiGrades: NS | 40 students
11025 Sw 84th St #8
Miami, FL 33173
MiamiGrades: PK-2 | 97 students
1601 Nw 12th Ave
Miami, FL 33136
North Miami BchGrades: NS | 20 students
1890 Ne 25th Ave
North Miami Bch, FL 33180
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.