Eldorado Emerson Private School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Founded in 1958, Eldorado Emerson is an independent, accredited 6-12 S.T.E.A.M. (science/technology/engineering/arts/mathematics) school whose focus is on educating the whole child, preparing students for acceptance into the best universities, building integrity, and developing innovators for the 21st century.
- From high school college prep programs to preschool music, foreign language, and one-on-one reading programs, Eldorado Emerson`s tradition of excellence is reflected in consistently high standardized test scores, as well as a well-rounded curriculum that includes music, art, hands-on science, foreign language, and athletics in every grade. Eldorado Emerson Private School received the highest accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and graduates are accepted into the best colleges and universities in the country.
- An outstanding early education can set your child on a proper path toward higher self-esteem and confident learning. That is why we are excited to announce the opening of our new Montessori Preschool in June. In this nurturing environment, the whole child is developed at his or her own pace, comfortable in an atmosphere where everything is scaled down to size. The tables and bookshelves, for example, are designed to fit our youngest scholars, and the rooms are well-organized, allowing students the comfort of predictability rather than the chaos of an overstimulating, stressful environment. Children naturally thirst for knowledge, and our educators support and cultivate this innate desire. Our loving teachers create an ideal atmosphere where the youngest students take pride in their environment, as well as in themselves. Here the preschool promotes the emotional, physical and social development of children, as they master skills at their own pace through hands-on learning.
- The school is well-known for its positive, friendly environment bully-free and drug-free an atmosphere in which students feel safe, valued, and inspired to excel in all subjects. The campus features a full art studio, science lab, athletics program, performing arts center, computer lab, and renowned Monet Garden.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Lit. & Comp, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Statistics,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Common sense dress code. No uniforms.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Wendy LaGreen|
|Admissions Associate||Jackie Fogle|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballFlag Football, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Math and Science Club, Promethean Society, Robotics Club, Video Making Club, Yearbook|
- Academics - S.T.E.A.M., AP, College Prep Curriculum
- Foreign Languages - French, Spanish, Mandarin
- Art and Music - full art studio on campus. Focus on creativity. Instrumental and Choral music programs
- Facilities - Computer Lab, Science Lab, Performing Arts Center, sports field, etc.
- People that viewed Eldorado Emerson Private School also viewed these schools: Oakridge Private School, Fairmont Preparatory Academy, Carden Conservatory Preschool, Elementary & Junior High School, Griffinwood Academy and Heritage Oak Private School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OrangeGrades: NS-8 | 224 students
19111 Villa Park Road
Orange, CA 92869
- AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 583 students
2200 W Sequoia Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92801
- Huntington BeachGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
5702 Clark Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- OrangeGrades: K-8 | 24 students
1130 East Walnut Avenue
Orange, CA 92867
- Yorba LindaGrades: K-8 | 742 students
16971 Imperial Hwy
Yorba Linda, CA 92886
I highly recommend Eldorado Emerson School to any parent who wants their child to receive a well-rounded education and not just be an automoton who memorizes test facts. There's creative, hands-on learning, foreign language and music for every grade, a renowned art program, league sports throughout the year. Because of the small class sizes, even kids who haven't played a lot of sports get a chance to experience the fun and comraderie of team sports.
- Posted by Parent - Eland
I''m an Eldorado Emerson student & would just like to say it's a really great school. All the students and teachers are genuinely friendly and nice. We also have a lot of fun projects like Mr. North's popsicle bridge building physics contest and Mr. Kelly's Middle Ages feast that we had after reading & writing stories based on The Canterbury Tales. You should send your kids to this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hinds
Eldorado Emerson is a very good school academically and socially. We wanted our son to be prepared to go to a great college, so yes, it is important to us that Eldorado sends graduates to top-ranked universities. Last year seniors got full rides to colleges like Cornell and UCI, but equally important is that it's the kind of school where our son has always been genuinely happy. The campus has such a positive atmosphere, and it's obvious that teachers and the administration genuinely care about the kids. Whatever each student's strengths might be (math/science, sports, art, literature, singing), there is a place for each one of them to shine and grow and feel positive about themselves. Because it's a small school, everyone has a voice.
- Posted by Parent - rocky
Eldorado is an amazint school. Excellent academics, nontraditional instruction, art, music, and foreign language, and PE in all grades. Award-winning yearbook class. After-school drama.
- Posted by Parent - vadia
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.