Electus Academy Photo #5 - Electus strives to form positive connections with the community. We were so excited to be a part of Mission Continues!
Electus Academy was founded in 2004, with the purpose of creating a therapeutic educational environment to serve the students who were not successful in their public school programs. Electus is a Missouri DESE approved private school for the placement of special education students by public school districts, and by families directly.
To maintain its credentials Electus demonstrates every year, that it is in compliance with all state regulations, including certified staff, an appropriate curriculum, and a facility that is safe and conducive to learning.
Over the years, Electus Academy has continued to grow while keeping faithful to its original mission.
As a result, we hold to a student/staff ration of 4:1; we offer individualized instructional services, a warm and comfortable "family" environment, and therapy to meet students' therapeutic needs and disabilities.
Come visit us, and join our family of students and staff!.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The following are real testimonials from former students and parents. In our follow-up efforts to obtain long-range data on our students, we asked that they reflect on their experiences at Electus Academy and provide us with their thoughts.
- "I started at a large high school in St. Charles but had a great deal of anxiety and frequent panic attacks. That all changed when I found Electus Academy. The small comfortable environment helped rid me of my school anxiety and work at my own pace. I graduated high school almost a year early and am more than halfway finished with my Bachelor`s degree, on a scholarship." Paul"
- I want to thank the staff at Electus Academy for being so caring and so understanding of my son`s issues. These people accepted him for what he was and built on his strong points. Today he is happy and employed, and I am grateful." Sandy"
- I was using drugs and had been suspended a lot for fighting and threatening teachers. My school put me at Electus Academy. By the time I graduated I was drug-free and ready to move on. I am now a chef and am married with a daughter. I owe this to the teachers who turned my life around." Taylor
- "Electus Academy saved my life. I was suicidal when I arrived. After 3 years at Electus, I was a different person. I am now in school studying computer graphics and looking forward to my future." Toni"I hated school until I started Electus Academy but I graduated with great grades and am now finishing my second year at community college. Electus Academy gave me confidence in myself and showed me how to make good choices." Sarah
- "My daughter was 16 and pregnant when her school sent her to Electus Academy. You took her right in, gave her lots of love, and stood by her after she had her son. She graduated, which I never believed she would do. Then, she went to vet-tech school and now has a great job. Even better than her education, my daughter came to believe in herself. I am very proud of who she is today." Kathy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Charles Grades: NS-8 | 531 students
115 S 6th St
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636) 946-0051 6.2 NS-8
- Saint Charles Grades: PK-8 | 331 students
#1 Seton Court
Saint Charles, MO 63303
(636) 946-6716 3.4 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: 6-12 | 94 students
9137 Old Bonhomme Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63132
(314) 323-8011 15.3 6-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.