Episcopal Day School
- Welcome to the Episcopal Day School. I invite you to explore our website and visit our campus so that you can begin to discover the immeasurable value of an EDS education.
- On your first look you will see all of the ingredients of excellence in education: experienced and dedicated faculty, high academic standards in a safe and nurturing environment, small class sizes, a commitment to individual development, and an active and involved parent body.
- But I invite you to look closer and you will see much more that makes EDS a unique opportunity even among independent schools.
- Outstanding programs in athletics, PE, the arts, and community service demonstrate our commitment to all dimensions of education: heart, mind, body, and soul.
- The rich history of our community grounds us in a tradition of shared purpose and values. Ned R. Murray, Headmaster.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||383 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms, collared shirts. Ties/khaki for boys and skirts on Chapel days.)
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade. Financial aid and scholarships are available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Lilly|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||"Little Sprouts" Garden Club, Art Club, Beyond EDS, Choir, Drama, Outreachers, Spirit Team, Student Council, Yearbook Club Art Club, Beyond EDS, Choir, Drama, Outreachers, Spirit Team, Yearbook Club, "Little Sprouts" Garden Club,|
- AT EDS, LEARNING GOES FAR BEYOND THE CLASSROOM. IT REACHES INTO THE PLAYING FIELD AND THE CHAPEL, THE COMMUNITY AND THE HOMES OF OUR FAMILIES. IT ENGAGES ALL OF THE SENSES, AND IT TOUCHES SOMETHING DEEP INSIDE EACH CHILD'S NATURAL CURIOSITY. WE BELIEVE EVERY STUDENT HERE IS SPECIAL. AT EDS, WE HELP EACH CHILD GAIN A SOLID FOUNDATION FOR A LIFE OF INTELLECTUAL, SOCIAL, AND SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AugustaGrades: NS-12 | 605 students
3067 Wheeler Road
Augusta, GA 30909
- AugustaGrades: K-8 | 432 students
1220 Monte Sano Avenue
Augusta, GA 30904
- AugustaGrades: PK-12 | 559 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
- AugustaGrades: PK-8 | 123 students
811 Telfair Street
Augusta, GA 30901
- AugustaGrades: NS-12 | 570 students
285 Flowing Wells Rd
Augusta, GA 30907