Erie Catholic Preparatory School
- Villa Maria Academy was established by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1892.
- Tradition, religion, academics, leadership, athletics, arts, electives, activities, and our community of faculty and students are all the parts that make Villa Maria a special place to be.
- Villa Maria Academy is a Catholic, co-educational, secondary school established to further the mission of unity of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
- Through our leadership, environment and programs, we empower young people to recognize their God-given uniqueness and talents, to acquire knowledge and skills for success in a global society and to engage the future with optimism, generosity, and conï¬dence.
- At Villa, we uphold the value of the intrinsic dignity and worth of the individual.
- As Christian educators, we promote Gospel values to develop an awareness of self.
- We educate for the spiritual, intellectual and social growth of the total person in a nurturing learning community.
- The Catholic character of the school fosters the spiritual and religious formation of the student.
- The Villa community seeks to teach, affirm and support a respect for life through love of God, self and others.
- We strive to form young people who are knowledgeable in their faith, will participate in a variety of faith experiences and will become committed to living the Gospel message.
- We challenge students to value education as a life-long endeavor to acquire and to communicate knowledge, and to be prepared for an ever-changing world.
- Our extensive curriculum, designed to meet diverse academic abilities and supplemented by extra-curricular enrichment, advances each student's skills and understanding.
- Our faculty and staff stimulate intellectual curiosity, encourage critical thinking and stress the value of self-discipline and responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||369 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Erie Grades: 9-12 | 544 students
538 E Grandview Blvd
Erie, PA 16504
(814)824-2210 4.4 9-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.