Erie Catholic Preparatory School
- Villa Maria Academy was established by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1892.
- Tradition, religion, academics, leadership, athletics, arts, electives, activities, and our community of faculty and students are all the parts that make Villa Maria a special place to be.
- Villa Maria Academy is a Catholic, co-educational, secondary school established to further the mission of unity of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
- Through our leadership, environment and programs, we empower young people to recognize their God-given uniqueness and talents, to acquire knowledge and skills for success in a global society and to engage the future with optimism, generosity, and conï¬dence.
- At Villa, we uphold the value of the intrinsic dignity and worth of the individual.
- As Christian educators, we promote Gospel values to develop an awareness of self.
- We educate for the spiritual, intellectual and social growth of the total person in a nurturing learning community.
- The Catholic character of the school fosters the spiritual and religious formation of the student.
- The Villa community seeks to teach, affirm and support a respect for life through love of God, self and others.
- We strive to form young people who are knowledgeable in their faith, will participate in a variety of faith experiences and will become committed to living the Gospel message.
- We challenge students to value education as a life-long endeavor to acquire and to communicate knowledge, and to be prepared for an ever-changing world.
- Our extensive curriculum, designed to meet diverse academic abilities and supplemented by extra-curricular enrichment, advances each student's skills and understanding.
- Our faculty and staff stimulate intellectual curiosity, encourage critical thinking and stress the value of self-discipline and responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Erie Grades: 9-12 | 544 students
538 E Grandview Blvd
Erie, PA 16504
(814) 824-2210 4.4 9-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?