Faith Community School
- Faith Community School's mission is to provide each child with a spiritual, academic, and social environment in which Christ is the foundation of their learning experience.
- The curriculum that we choose will be spiritually and academically challenging.
- Our aim is to actively engage learners and to equip them to think, not just memorize facts.
- We plan to accomplish this goal by teaching to all learning styles.
- The curriculum of our choice will also be aligned amongst the grades.
- The curriculum must offer a sense of stability and cohesiveness to the students and teachers.
- We will choose a curriculum that encompasses all subjects and integrates topics and skills whenever possible.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Juneau Grades: K-7 | 12 students
4890 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)780-4336 4.2 K-7
- Juneau Grades: K | 29 students
3921 Mendenhall Loop Rd
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)790-2299 8.2 K
- Hoonah Grades: 2-12 | 4 students
Po Box 95
Hoonah, AK 99829
(907)945-3234 36.3 2-12
- Sitka Grades: K-8 | 20 students
303 Kimsham St.
Sitka, AK 99835 95.3 K-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.