Faith Community School
- Faith Community School's mission is to provide each child with a spiritual, academic, and social environment in which Christ is the foundation of their learning experience.
- The curriculum that we choose will be spiritually and academically challenging.
- Our aim is to actively engage learners and to equip them to think, not just memorize facts.
- We plan to accomplish this goal by teaching to all learning styles.
- The curriculum of our choice will also be aligned amongst the grades.
- The curriculum must offer a sense of stability and cohesiveness to the students and teachers.
- We will choose a curriculum that encompasses all subjects and integrates topics and skills whenever possible.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Juneau Grades: K-7 | 12 students
4890 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)780-4336 4.2 K-7
- Juneau Grades: K | 29 students
3921 Mendenhall Loop Rd
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)790-2299 8.2 K
- Hoonah Grades: 2-12 | 4 students
Po Box 95
Hoonah, AK 99829
(907)945-3234 36.3 2-12
- Sitka Grades: K-8 | 20 students
303 Kimsham St.
Sitka, AK 99835 95.3 K-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.