Faith Community School
- Faith Community School's mission is to provide each child with a spiritual, academic, and social environment in which Christ is the foundation of their learning experience.
- The curriculum that we choose will be spiritually and academically challenging.
- Our aim is to actively engage learners and to equip them to think, not just memorize facts.
- We plan to accomplish this goal by teaching to all learning styles.
- The curriculum of our choice will also be aligned amongst the grades.
- The curriculum must offer a sense of stability and cohesiveness to the students and teachers.
- We will choose a curriculum that encompasses all subjects and integrates topics and skills whenever possible.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Juneau Grades: K-7 | 12 students
4890 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)780-4336 4.2 K-7
- Juneau Grades: K | 29 students
P. O. Box 34365
Juneau, AK 99803
(907)790-2299 8.2 K
- Hoonah Grades: 2-12 | 4 students
Po Box 95
Hoonah, AK 99829
(907)945-3234 36.3 2-12
- Sitka Grades: K-8 | 20 students
303 Kimsham St.
Sitka, AK 99835 95.3 K-8
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.