Faith Community School
- Faith Community School's mission is to provide each child with a spiritual, academic, and social environment in which Christ is the foundation of their learning experience.
- The curriculum that we choose will be spiritually and academically challenging.
- Our aim is to actively engage learners and to equip them to think, not just memorize facts.
- We plan to accomplish this goal by teaching to all learning styles.
- The curriculum of our choice will also be aligned amongst the grades.
- The curriculum must offer a sense of stability and cohesiveness to the students and teachers.
- We will choose a curriculum that encompasses all subjects and integrates topics and skills whenever possible.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||51 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Juneau Grades: K-7 | 12 students
4890 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)780-4336 4.2 K-7
- Juneau Grades: K | 29 students
P. O. Box 34365
Juneau, AK 99803
(907)790-2299 8.2 K
- Hoonah Grades: 2-12 | 4 students
Po Box 95
Hoonah, AK 99829
(907)945-3234 36.3 2-12
- Sitka Grades: K-8 | 20 students
303 Kimsham St.
Sitka, AK 99835 95.3 K-8
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.