Fiddlehead Art and Science Center
- Our FiddlestArts program brings the best practices of our Reggio inspired philosphy into a loving a nuerturing enviroment that encourages children to be curious and want learn.
- Content areas are woven into our day using an integrated curriculum.
- At the heart of our program is the creation of a peaceful and caring classroom where children feel safe and secure to express themselves and investigate the world around them.
- Plenty of outdoor time fosters a deep and meaningful relationship with the natural world.
- A strong emphasis on the visual arts as a means of expression from our Reggio inspired approach is continued throughout the kindergarten year.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kimberly Allen|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir/Chorus, Private Music Lessons, Theater Classes, Yoga
- Our Early Childhood programs focus on the foundational needs of growing children from ages 3-5 years old. If you are looking for affordable, quality alternative educational programs for your child, please visit our website and call our center to schedule a tour.
- We are a community where children, teachers, and families learn together in a nurturing environment. We honor children's curiosities, interests and unique capabilities to encourage and open the door to life-long learning. We are inspired by the Reggio Emillia Philosphy which supports the idea that children communicate their thinking and problem solving through interactions and relationships with each other and materials.
- Our thoughtful, interactive classrooms are abundant with accessible art supplies, as well as recycled and open-ended materials all tools that support development and expression. We believe that open play, rich in imagination, is at the heart of learning and is essential to a child's healthy development and growth. We strive to support and extend open imaginative play, through environment, materials, dialogue and collaboration.
- We establish a grounding in environmental awareness through observation, nature exploration, outdoor class time and recycling. Our outdoor space is simple, allowing room to run and imaginations to be active. Unique to our programs are access to an art studio, dance room, and music room, allowing us to work with small groups of children in each area. We can also view the variety of art exhibited in the courtyard.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Gloucester Grades: 3-12 | 42 students
41 Pineland Dr Ste 200
New Gloucester, ME 04260
(207)688-2253 4.1 3-12
- New Gloucester Grades: 9-12 | 80 students
215 Gloucester Hill Rd.
New Gloucester, ME 04260 5 9-12
- Standish Grades: K-12 | 60 students
181 Ossipee Trail W
Standish, ME 04084
(207)642-3338 8.4 K-12
- Raymond Grades: 7-12 | 20 students
33 Twin Pines Road
Raymond, ME 04071
(207)655-1000 8.7 7-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.