- The ideal of the school is to develop individuals who will be competent to change their environment to greater conformity with moral ideals.
- Our school achieves academic excellence by challenging students to reach their highest potential in body, mind and spirit through the humanities, sciences, the arts and physical education.
- The students become active learners and engage in vital discourse in a community of dedicated teachers and an atmosphere of intellectual discipline and creativity.
- Through a curriculum rooted in the tenets of progressive education, students become independent thinkers as they learn that asking their own questions and seeking their own answers provides the key to the deepest kind of understanding.
- Cooperative, student-centered, discussion-based learning, and the freedom to make mistakes, are part of our students' everyday lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||377 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 1140 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
BronxGrades: KG-12 | 1688 students
231 W 246th St
Bronx, NY 10471