First Christian Academy
- Welcome to First Christian Academy. First Christian Academy began in 1989, upstairs of a small Assembly of God Church in the SouthBelt area, This school was to be the first private school in Houston / Pasadena area -- not part of or church. Our second year we opened with 125 students.
- It wasn't until March 2000, Finally, in 1999 First Christian Academy was able to purchase our first property. This property is located in the heart of Pearland. Two thirds of our students followed us to the new Pearland location. Many question, what makes FCA different from the rest of the public and other private schools According to the parents, the founders heart felt passion set the stage for a differant methodolgy of teaching and classroom teaching. They developed a unique methodology of the teaching. Its not the curriculum.....the curriculum is the tool in which the teacher uses to meet the students academic needs. We believe, God gives every child the ability to learn anything he/she desire.
- The student may need to learn through a different means and they may possible need a different timeline in which to accomplish their goal but all can learn. Yes, some students will need to work harder for what they want.
- The Teaching Staff of FCA are committed to be right there beside them, giving them the tools they need to accomplish the goals they have set. Students at First Christian Academy learn the art of diligences, pride and hard work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language Based / Mild Learning Differances|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Average SAT score||1195|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Reuired Uniforms from Parker Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||K-12th average tuition is 5300-$5600. We offer Extended Care for $195 month|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Natalie Anderson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Volleyball, Winter TrackBallet, Basketball,|
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- In order to provide a quality education for every student, we feel it is important to provide each student with a complete Diagnostic Test and evaluation covering all of the core subjects. From the test scores the individualized curriculum plan is created. This curriculum plan makes it possible for each student to work one on one with the teacher to reach his/her academic goals. FCA has dotted around the globe leading and serving their world as physicians, lawyers, engineers, business leaders and entrepreneurs, pastors, teachers and missionaries. The biblical worldview and servant leadership principles they were taught at FCA is now influencing their generation. First Christian Academy has a long track record for academic achievement. Across the years, 98% of our graduates have been college bound. Routinely, First Christian classes score more than two years above national averages on standardized testing. The Leadership of First Christian Academy are a uniquely dedicated group of professionals dedicated to building a relationship and a bond with each student. This bond between faculty and students is warm caring and supportive. So much more than instruction pours out from the inspiring lives of our teachers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PearlandGrades: NS-12 | 299 students
3005 Pearland Parkway
Pearland, TX 77581
- PearlandGrades: PK-8 | 363 students
2213 Old Alvin Rd
Pearland, TX 77581
- AlvinGrades: PK-12 | 212 students
1407 Victory Lane
Alvin, TX 77511
- League CityGrades: K-12 | 808 students
4800 W Main St
League City, TX 77573
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.