First Christian Academy
Welcome to First Christian Academy. First Christian Academy began in 1989, upstairs of a small Assembly of God Church in the SouthBelt area, This school was to be the first private school in Houston / Pasadena area -- not part of or church. Our second year we opened with 125 students.
It wasn't until March 2000, Finally, in 1999 First Christian Academy was able to purchase our first property. This property is located in the heart of Pearland. Two thirds of our students followed us to the new Pearland location. Many question, what makes FCA different from the rest of the public and other private schools According to the parents, the founders heart felt passion set the stage for a differant methodolgy of teaching and classroom teaching. They developed a unique methodology of the teaching. Its not the curriculum.....the curriculum is the tool in which the teacher uses to meet the students academic needs. We believe, God gives every child the ability to learn anything he/she desire.
The student may need to learn through a different means and they may possible need a different timeline in which to accomplish their goal but all can learn. Yes, some students will need to work harder for what they want.
The Teaching Staff of FCA are committed to be right there beside them, giving them the tools they need to accomplish the goals they have set. Students at First Christian Academy learn the art of diligences, pride and hard work.
First Christian Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- AP Courses Most AP courses offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language Based / Mild Learning Differances|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||695 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Average SAT score||1250|
|Average ACT score||22|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Reuired Uniforms from Parker Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Natalie Anderson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Volleyball, Winter TrackBallet, Basketball,|
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- In order to provide a quality education for every student, we feel it is important to provide each student with a complete Diagnostic Test and evaluation covering all of the core subjects. From the test scores the individualized curriculum plan is created. This curriculum plan makes it possible for each student to work one on one with the teacher to reach his/her academic goals.FCA has dotted around the globe leading and serving their world as physicians, lawyers, engineers, business leaders and entrepreneurs, pastors, teachers and missionaries. The biblical worldview and servant leadership principles they were taught at FCA is now influencing their generation. First Christian Academy has a long track record for academic achievement. Across the years, 98% of our graduates have been college bound. Routinely, First Christian classes score more than two years above national averages on standardized testing.The Leadership of First Christian Academy are a uniquely dedicated group of professionals dedicated to building a relationship and a bond with each student. This bond between faculty and students is warm caring and supportive. So much more than instruction pours out from the inspiring lives of our teachers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alvin Grades: PK-12 | 195 students
1407 Victory Lane
Alvin, TX 77511
(281) 331-0086 8.4 PK-12
- Houston Grades: PK-8 | 279 students
4711 McDermed Dr
Houston, TX 77035
(713) 723-5888 12.5 PK-8
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.