Forest Hills Jewish Center Nursery School & Pre-K For All
Tel: (718) 263-7000 Ext. 220
Active learning is the cornerstone to the educational approach of the FHJC Nursery School, Free Pre-K for All, and our Stay & Play Program.
Children participate in exploratory activities that use all their senses to experience their world.
We provide a complete, well-balanced, general education. We also offer a rich Judaic curriculum for children in our Nursery and 4's Judaic Wrap Program.
Our educational methods encourage children to become confident, independent, responsible and creative thinkers. Language arts, science, music and math curriculum give our children a solid foundation for moving forward. Children are exposed to pre-reading activities on a daily basis.
Equally important as active learning is the development of interpersonal skills that helps ensure the productive years of learning that will lie ahead.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||66 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Children in our Toddler* (2's) Program will begin to develop communication, social, physical and problem-solving skills through a play-based learning environment. Sign up options include 9-12 for 3 or 5 days a week. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am, and aftercare extends until 5pm except for Fridays where aftercare ends at 2pm. The children staying past 12pm eat lunch, nap, have an afternoon snack, and continue to participate in exploratory activities that use all their senses to experience the world.
- Our Nursery* (3's) Program provides and environment for children to explore their world, gaina sense of independence, play with peers and build self-confidence. Sign up options include 9-12 pr 9-2, 5 days a week. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am, and aftercare extends until 6pm. Children in our 3's program receive priority seating in our Pre-K for All program.
- We are a Department of Education Pre-K for All program. Our PKA program is based on a DOE approved curriculum, and focus is placed on helping your child continue to develop their physical, social, emotional, language and literacy, math and cognitive skills. The PKA program runs from 9:20am-3:40pm Monday-Thursday, and 8:25am-2:45pm on Fridays. This is a tuition-free program. Registration for PKA takes place through the DOE website from February-mid March. Early drop off is available beginning at 7:45am for children enrolled in our Judaic wrap-around program, and aftercare extends until 6pm. Lunch is included.
- In conjunction with our Pre-K program, we offer an optional Judaic wrap-around component that provides Jewish education for your child prior to the start of the Pre-K day. Parshah, holidays, music, stories and projects are all incorporated throughout the year. Hours for our wrap program are 8:20am-9:20am Monday-Thursday, and 8am-8:25am on Friday.
- *At least one parent must be Jewish to enroll in this program
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Flushing Grades: K | 38 students
14141 72nd Ave
Flushing, NY 11367
(718) 261-0101 1 K
- Fresh Meadows Grades: PK-8 | 361 students
7616 Parsons Blvd
Fresh Meadows, NY 11366
(718) 591-9800 1.2 PK-8
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.