- The Foundation Schools were chartered in 1975 as an independent, non-profit school for special education.
- The school's purpose is to meet the educational, social and psychological needs of students with emotional disturbance who had been unsuccessful in other educational settings.
- Foundation Schools began as a hospital-based educational program, but due to the growing need for community based psycho-educational services for young people, the Foundation Schools discontinued its hospital affiliations and since 1993 have concentrated their efforts on the development of highly specialized therapeutic day schools.
- The Foundation Schools are rooted in the Mastery Learning Philosophy where programs are designed and operated to meet the educational and clinical needs of students with emotional disturbance and their families.
- The schools operate with the philosophy that, despite negative cognitive and affective entry level behaviors, with the appropriate instructional conditions, every student can experience educational success.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LargoGrades: 2-12 | 173 students
1330 Mccormick Dr
Largo, MD 20774
BowieGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
9800 Lottsford Road
Bowie, MD 20721
LandoverGrades: PK-5 | 151 students
8500 Jericho City Dr
Landover, MD 20785
10280 Lake Arbor Way
Mitchellville, MD 20721
Capitol HeightsGrades: 2-12 | 67 students
8723 Ashwood Dr
Capitol Heights, MD 20743
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.