Foundation School, The
Tel: (301) 386-9600
- The Foundation Schools were chartered in 1975 as an independent, non-profit school for special education.
- The school's purpose is to meet the educational, social and psychological needs of students with emotional disturbance who had been unsuccessful in other educational settings.
- Foundation Schools began as a hospital-based educational program, but due to the growing need for community based psycho-educational services for young people, the Foundation Schools discontinued its hospital affiliations and since 1993 have concentrated their efforts on the development of highly specialized therapeutic day schools.
- The Foundation Schools are rooted in the Mastery Learning Philosophy where programs are designed and operated to meet the educational and clinical needs of students with emotional disturbance and their families.
- The schools operate with the philosophy that, despite negative cognitive and affective entry level behaviors, with the appropriate instructional conditions, every student can experience educational success.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Annapolis Grades: 3-12 | 322 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 974-4248 22.7 3-12
- Hyattsville Grades: PK-8 | 202 students
6801 Sheriff Road
Hyattsville, MD 20785
(301) 773-4079 2.5 PK-8
- Beaufort Grades: PK-12 | 73 students
378 Parris Island Gtwy
Beaufort, SC 29906
(843) 525-0635 499 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.