French-American School of New York
- Since its founding in 1980, FASNY has grown from a 17-student, two-teacher nursery school into a thriving, internationally recognized institution.
- The School now enrolls approximately 850 students from Nursery through Grade 12.
- FASNY offers a bilingual and bicultural education to a student population of local American families, French families, French-American families, and international families from more than 45 countries.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||837 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||95 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Antoine Agopian|
|Admissions Associate||Marine Heraud|
- The curriculum is carefully organized to promote bilingualism. All English courses are taught as they would be in any competitive American independent school, with anglophone teachers, teaching methods, and textbooks. Similarly, all French courses are taught as they would be in France, with francophone teachers, as prescribed by the French Ministry of National Education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MamaroneckGrades: NS-12 | 848 students
525 Fenimore Road
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Dobbs FerryGrades: 5-12 | 658 students
49 Clinton Avenue
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 180 students
111 E 22nd Street
New York, NY 10010