Friends Academy Of Westampton
Friends Academy Of Westampton Photo #5 - The Environmental Studies program allows for exploration and discovery.
Friends Academy Of Westampton Photo #6 - Extra curricular activities include Middle School soccer and basketball as well as after-school clubs for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Friends Academy Of Westampton Photo #7 - 5th graders on the annual overnight trip to Cape May and Stone Harbor, NJ, tagging horsehoe crabs.
Friends Academy Of Westampton Photo #8 - 4th Graders learn to play the recorder in Music class. Here they are performing for Grandparents' Day.
- Discover Friends Academy of Westampton, a Quaker school with a tradition of excellence! Friends Academy provides a challenging academic curriculum with opportunities for community service, after-school activities and extended care.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
Other school association(s)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,125|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-school and Pre-K tuition is $8775 for full day students.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Rose Magrann|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus - Middle School, Drama Club - Middle School, Literary Club and Magazine - Middle School, Quarterly Clubs based on student interest (examples: Medieval Times, Scrapbooking, Fishing, Needlework, Fitness, etc), School-Wide Community Service Projects, Science Club - Lower and Middle Schools, Sports Club - Middle School, Yearbook - Middle School|
- Founded in 1983 as Rancocas Friends Academy, our school began with a kindergarten class of only 14 students. Friends Academy has since grown to serve 189 students in pre-school through 8th grade.
- Friends Academy of Westampton recently built a new, 15-acre campus bordered by beautiful woods and farm fields conveniently located off of Route 295.
- In addition to its rigorous academics, our curriculum includes: Art, Computer Instruction, Foreign Language ~ French and Spanish, Health, Music, Physical Education, and Quaker Studies.
- Our values-based curriculum also includes Meeting for Worship, which entails a weekly, school-wide gathering for a reflective period of silence in the Quaker tradition.
- We are proud to have our parents as active members of our school community. Whether it's through membership in our Parent-Teacher Organization, reading and volunteering in the classroom, or joining the Development Committee, Friends Academy parents support our school, its students, teachers and activities.
- Our mission at Friends Academy is to maintain a dynamic, educational community that:
- provides an academic program that will challenge each student to achieve his/her highest potential;
- offers children a values-based education espousing the Friend's testimonies of equality, harmony, simplicity, community and stewardship;
- recognizes and nurtures each child as a unique and constantly growing individual with his/her own special gifts;
- provides an affordable education to a population that is economically and culturally diverse.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Holly Grades: PK-8 | 171 students
250 High Street
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
(609)267-1728 4.2 PK-8
- Florence Grades: PK-12 | 349 students
2045 Columbus Rd
Florence, NJ 08518
(609)499-2100 6.5 PK-12
Friends Academy of Westampton provides a wonderful learning environment, especially for middle school. At other schools, middle school can be a time when students feel torn down by others, at Friends Academy of Westampton, the students work together to build each other up into caring and confident individuals. I cannot recommend this school enough!
- Posted by Parent - cynth
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.