- Gardena Valley Christian School is a K-8th grade, private school, in its forty-eighth year of dedicated service, providing a superior Christian education to the children of Southern California’s South Bay.
- Our mission is to prepare young people to be responsible, moral, problem-solving, Christian citizens effecting positive and innovative changes for tomorrow’s world.
- To accomplish this goal, we provide a foundation for the development of the whole child – mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- A superior academic program emphasizes the fundamentals of God’s Word integrated through communication skills, mathematics, science, and history.
- Fine arts, computer, athletics, and other activities supplement the traditional subjects and help students discover their gifts and talents.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
|Religious Affiliation||Assembly of God|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Elderwear navy pants and solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Gymnastics, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student council, choir, drama,, dance, piano, drums, and violin lessons, speech meet, spelling bee, math olympics, community outreach projects, Washington, DC trip, Oceanography trip, Sacramento trip, science camp, swimming choir, drama,, swimming, Student council,
dance, piano, drums, and violin lessons,
speech meet, spelling bee, math olympics, community outreach projects, Washington, DC trip, Oceanography trip, Sacramento trip, science camp,
- Gardena Valley christian School provides
- computer instruction
- supervised computer labs for research
- library with full-time librarian
- hot lunch and breakfast served
- before and after school day care
- music and art instruction for all students
- cultural diversity celebration
Profile last updated: 12/07/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GardenaGrades: K-8 | 227 students
13510 Van Ness Ave
Gardena, CA 90249
TorranceGrades: PK-8 | 452 students
3846 Redondo Beach Blvd
Torrance, CA 90504
GardenaGrades: 9-12 | 600 students
14830 Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
Harbor CityGrades: K-12 | 52 students
25302 S. Vermont Avenue
Harbor City, CA 90710
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 228 students
846 E El Segundo Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90059
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.