Gerson West School
Tel: (216) 521-6511
- The Eleanor Gerson West School offers an alternative school experience for students who, for various personal, behavioral and/or relationship reasons, have not been successful in standard educational settings.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-9|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,060|
|Admissions Director||Joan Maser, LISW-S|
- The Gerson West School emphasizes education within a personal and therapeutic environment. A cross-categorical individualized course of study is developed for each student based on the results of a Multi-Factored Evaluation (MFE) and Evaluation Team Reports (ETR), and the interest of the student. Basic, intermediate and advanced level school courses are offered in: Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Physical Education and Art. The daily program emphasizes writing, study skills, project-oriented homework, teamwork and cooperative learning. Students are assigned a faculty person who acts as an advisor. Mental health counseling services are available on an as-needed basis through Applewood Centers and community support personnel. An after school partial hospitalization program is available on an as-needed basis.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lakewood Grades: K-8 | 151 students
1639 Alameda Avenue
Lakewood, OH 44107
(216) 221-9409 0.9 K-8
- Cleveland Grades: K-8 | 313 students
10205 Lorain Ave
Cleveland, OH 44111
(216) 671-0535 1 K-8
- Lakewood Grades: 9-12 | 946 students
13500 Detroit Ave
Lakewood, OH 44107
(216) 221-3776 1.4 9-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.