Gloria Dei Lutheran Elementary School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- One of Belmont`s best-kept educational secrets is hidden on a beautiful, quiet campus just off Ralston Avenue.
- Gloria Dei Lutheran School has served the educational needs of children and their families since 1970.
- We are certain that you will find Gloria Dei School to be an excellent tool for your child`s academic, physical, socio-emotional, and spiritual development.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||12 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform: khaki or navy pants, navy or white polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 16 / Jun. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||Multiple child discounts are available; part-time options also available for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Richard De Frain|
|Admissions Associate||Anne Marquardt|
- Gloria Dei Lutheran School, in collaboration with its sponsoring church, fosters the educational and spiritual development of its students by tailoring a traditional curriculum centered on the Word of God to each student`s needs. We are here to serve children of our congregation as well as children from families outside of our congregation.
- As a family of believers, Gloria Dei proclaims God`s glory, the good news of sins forgiven in Jesus. We teach the entirety of God`s truth as revealed in the Bible to strengthen the faith of our members, to train those who wish to know more about their Savior, and to proclaim Christ-crucified to all the world.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Belmont Grades: PK-5 | 265 students
2200 Carlmont Dr
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)593-6175 0.7 PK-5
- Belmont Grades: NS-8 | 211 students
1000 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)593-4265 0.8 NS-8
- San Mateo Grades: NS-PK | 24 students
3900 Alameda De Las Pulgas
San Mateo, CA 94403
(650)341-7878 1 NS-PK
- Belmont Grades: NS-8 | 196 students
1200 Notre Dame Ave
Belmont, CA 94002
(650)591-2209 1.1 NS-8
My son went to school here from k-6 (2001 - 2008) - I couldn't ask for a better school for your child to attend. Adam Mateske was the best...I would highly recommend.
- Posted by Parent - mbbel
My daughter is currently attending Gloria Dei Lutheran School in the 4-yr-old preschool program and absolutely loves it! She used to be very fussy at drop-offs at her old preschool and here we haven't had a single tear in the entire school year. She just got upset a few times when I picked her up as she wanted to stay longer. Miss Marquardt is an extraordinary teacher who is very enthusiastic, caring and loving, yet firm, which is the perfect combination for my (sometimes goofy) daughter. She has learned so much more than I expected, she knows all her letters and numbers and Anne Marquardt has endless ideas how to make class and learning for the children fun and interesting. I love the fact that the school is very flexible when it comes to the days and times when the kids can attend school. It has been extremely helpful to be able to leave my daughter at school longer at times in case I needed to help out at my other daughters school or so. It made my life so much easier. The facility is bright and pleasant, they have a cute little playground, but the building needs improvement.
- Posted by Parent - gabri
It is a gift to be a part of this school! I have been a teacher for twenty years and I cannot say enough about the quality of education at Gloria Dei. Each child receives individualized attention within a challenging academic setting. My son is thriving and loves school. The teachers, staff, and pastor are some of the most incredible and loving people you will ever meet. This school is the best kept secret on the peninsula!!!
- Posted by Parent - amyjr
As a parent of two kids at Gloria Dei (one in K and one in 1) and going into our second year here, I highly, highly recommend Gloria Dei. Our children are truly thriving. This is a small community-type school and our children receive outstanding attention. I highly recommend Gloria Dei.
- Posted by Parent - tonyo
Nearby Homes for Sale
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.