Good Counsel Academy Elementary School
- Academy Of Our Lady Of Good Counsel is a private school sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion.
- It is chartered by the Board of Regents of the State of New York, accredited by the Middle States of Association of College and Schools and offers a quality education for children Pre-kindergarten through grade 8.
- A strong academic program taught in an atmosphere of caring is the hallmark of a Good Counsel education.
- For over a century, the Sisters of the Divine Compassion have equipped generations with a love of learning and with decision making skills based on Christian values.
- To date, countless young people have benefited from a GCA experience.
- Good Counsel is a private school sponsored by the Sisters of Divine Compassion.
- Children of diverse religion and cultures are accepted on a equal basis.
- Religious studies as well as a strong Christian way of life provide the background for the overall atmosphere of peace and compassion.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- White Plains Grades: K-8 | 222 students
888 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10605
(914)761-0124 1.9 K-8
- Elmsford Grades: PK-8 | 173 students
59 E Main St
Elmsford, NY 10523
(914)592-7575 2.9 PK-8
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)636-6202 5.9 PK-8
- Rye Grades: PK-12 | 900 students
Rye, NY 10580
(914)925-4513 5.6 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.