Good Counsel Academy Elementary School
- Academy Of Our Lady Of Good Counsel is a private school sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Compassion.
- It is chartered by the Board of Regents of the State of New York, accredited by the Middle States of Association of College and Schools and offers a quality education for children Pre-kindergarten through grade 8.
- A strong academic program taught in an atmosphere of caring is the hallmark of a Good Counsel education.
- For over a century, the Sisters of the Divine Compassion have equipped generations with a love of learning and with decision making skills based on Christian values.
- To date, countless young people have benefited from a GCA experience.
- Good Counsel is a private school sponsored by the Sisters of Divine Compassion.
- Children of diverse religion and cultures are accepted on a equal basis.
- Religious studies as well as a strong Christian way of life provide the background for the overall atmosphere of peace and compassion.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||117 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- White Plains Grades: K-8 | 222 students
888 Mamaroneck Ave
White Plains, NY 10605
(914)761-0124 1.9 K-8
- Elmsford Grades: PK-8 | 173 students
59 E Main St
Elmsford, NY 10523
(914)592-7575 2.9 PK-8
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)636-6202 5.9 PK-8
- Rye Grades: PK-12 | 900 students
Rye, NY 10580
(914)925-4513 5.6 PK-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.