Good Shepherd School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Good Shepherd School philosophy is rooted in the belief that each child is made in the image and likeness of God, uniquely called to love, learn and share life to the fullest.
- As a Catholic School, our teachings are based on the Gospel message of Jesus Christ so that our students will be able to live in a society as responsible Christians, aware of their obligations to God, neighbor and self.
- Every student is encouraged to develop as a total person intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.
- Our school community seeks to provide an atmosphere where all are enabled to experience positive interactions with others.
- This leads to an increase in self-worth and self-respect and growth to the fullest potential.
- School activities provide a variety of experiences upon which sound judgments can be made and mutual respect developed.
- It is in this atmosphere that Christian values will become, for all, a reality and a life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 162 students
1037 72nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
Howard BeachGrades: PK-8 | 156 students
8309 157th Ave
Howard Beach, NY 11414
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 121 students
38 Lafayette Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
BrooklynGrades: K-9 | 304 students
1902 Avenue T
Brooklyn, NY 11229
BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 352 students
1501 Hendrickson St
Brooklyn, NY 11234
I attended Good Shepherd along with all of my siblings in the 1960s as did my Father and his three brothers before us. We Loved our School and Parish and we think back on our time at Good shepherd with nothing but thankfulness to have had the opportunity to receive that level of education in our early years.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - thewh
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?