- Good Shepherd Christian School is a non-denominational K-8 grade elementary school serving the Ulster County community.
- Our mission is to raise up well-educated children who know the Lord and choose to serve Him.
- Founded in 1979, Good Shepherd Christian School provides a Christ-centered learning environment characterized by the warmth of Christian love with small classroom settings.
- Our program is guided by an exceptional team of dedicated and experienced faculty.
- Good Shepherd Christian School provides an academically challenging program that works in conjunction with the family and their local church.
- Utilizing a Christian curriculum, a consistent worldview is presented to the students, thereby building the principles of Jesus Christ into their hearts and minds and resulting in young people who truly believe in Jesus, know His ways and desire to please Him in all that they do.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,925|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance Class, German Club, Technology Club, Worship Team Dance Class, German Club, Worship Team, Technology Club,
May 27, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.