Grace Classical Academy
- Grace Classical Academy is a K-8 school committed to giving students the tools for learning through a Christian worldview by means of a classical Christian model for education.
- We plan to add grades as we grow to eventually accommodate grades Kindergarten - 12th.
- Our mission is to cultivate wise and virtuous students through the classical tradition in a distinctively Christ-centered way.
- This serves to prepare students for a God-glorifying life characterized by appreciating and applying truth, beauty and goodness.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||varies by need|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,765|
|Tuition Notes||* 10% discount for siblings * Monthly payment options are available * Tuition Assistance is available for qualifying families|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Charlotte Cablay|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Track and FieldCross Country, Track and Field,|
- Grace Classical Academy is South Orange County's first Classical, Christian School offering a classical education taught through a Christian worldview. Classical education is nothing new. In fact, it was an educational system that was developed over 2000 years ago. Modern applications of this time-tested model are gaining momentum in Classical, Christian schools all over our nation and Grace Classical Academy is proud to be numbered among them. Grace Classical Academy opened her doors in the Fall of 2003 with three board members, nine full-time students and three full-time teachers. The school rented space in Crossroads Community Church in Mission Viejo. This was a year in which teachers (both fulltime and part-time), volunteers, parents, and board members made great sacrifices in order to insure the future of the school. Since then, the Academy has grown considerably. We now have a permanent home in Laguna Niguel at Grace Church with land to expand, we have a solid team of faculty and staff, and our school community is made up of like-minded Christian parents who are committed to classical Christian education for their children - confident that GCA will reinforce the Christian worldview they present to their children and equip them with the tools for life-long learning. At Grace Classical Academy, you will find:
- Experienced, caring, Christian faculty passionate about education
- Low teacher to student ratio helps maximize student learning
- Purposeful field trips bring to life classroom studies
- Inspiring drama productions as well as choir, music and art history
- Time-tested classical model of education including age-appropriate instruction in Latin and Logic
- Core subjects such as mathematics, science, writing, reading and history taught with Christ at the center
- High - quality literature selections that model truth, beauty and goodness
- Christ-centered discipline focused on shepherding students' minds and hearts
- An extraordinary education in how to think rightly; so necessary and practical for students in our culture today It is our earnest desire to see God continue to build this work in order that we might serve like-minded families in training and educating children in the way of the Lord, through the 12th grade. Our teachers are Christians wholly devoted to Christ and model the Christian life for our students. Our teachers are expected to have mastery of the subject they teach, while possessing a high aptitude and love for teaching. A prerequisite for teaching at Grace is agreement with Grace Classical Academy's statement of faith, a firm understanding of classical Christian education and a Bachelor's Degree.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aliso ViejoGrades: K-8 | 371 students
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- Aliso ViejoGrades: K-8 | 131 students
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
- Mission ViejoGrades: NS-8 | 225 students
24741 Chrisanta Drive
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Laguna NiguelGrades: NS-5 | 149 students
29028 Aloma Avenue
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- Mission ViejoGrades: 5-12 | 19 students
23052 Alicia Pkwy # H107
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.