- Grace-St. Luke's has been educating children since 1947. We are a coeducational, Episcopal, pre-kindergarten through eighth grade school in the heart of Midtown Memphis.
- While we are located in the historic Central Gardens neighborhood, our students come to us not only from Midtown but from all parts of Memphis as well as Arkansas and Mississippi.
- Our well-earned reputation of preparing confident learners and good citizens is known throughout the city and larger community.
- As a leading independent school in the city of Memphis, it is our mission to prepare students to become creative problem solvers, lifelong learners, and responsible citizens in their communities and the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||527 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||75 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,670|
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from $2,925-$15,670 Preschool-8th Grade|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,200|
|Admissions Director||Shelly McGuire|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Honor Council, Honor Society, Thespian Society, Ambassadors Club, Student Council, Yearbook Honor Council, Yearbook, Honor Society, Thespian Society, Ambassadors Club,
- Our NAEYC-accredited Miss Lee`s Preschool offers a play-based curriculum that encourages children to seek solutions to various challenges, be they academic, social, or emotional. In Lower School (grades SK-4), we begin our character development program and foster leadership through partnerships with younger students.
- Our curricula is intentionally selected and taught to foster critical thinking skills, even at the elementary level.
- Our Middle School program (grades 5-8) develops the whole child-on academic, social, emotional, and physical levels-for the rigors of high school. By fostering independence through leadership opportunities and high academic standards, our students graduate fully prepared for the challenges of high school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MemphisGrades: NS-6 | 453 students
411 S Grove Park Road
Memphis, TN 38117
MemphisGrades: NS-8 | 218 students
5296 Park Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
MemphisGrades: PK-12 | 861 students
1381 W Massey Rd
Memphis, TN 38120
MemphisGrades: PK-8 | 228 students
30 Avon Road
Memphis, TN 38117
GermantownGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
Germantown, TN 38138
My kids have attended GSL since kindergarten, and we all absolutely love it. The school curriculum is advanced, creative, and engaging. The teachers are amazing. Their devotion to the students is obvious and they''re vital to the progressive, warm environment that makes the school so special. Parental involvement is tops, too -- a great sense of community here. As I said, we love GSL and can't imagine going anywhere else.
- Posted by Parent - rrmax
We have been at GSL since both my children were three. As a dual working parent it has been wonderful. I always know my children are engaged, learning, and feel safe. They do no want to leave when I pick them up!!! I really can't imagine being anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent
GSL was a great place for me to grow up. It was a vital part of the growing up process, and I couldn't imagine going anywhere else. I am so grateful for the abundance of time that I was able to spend at such a welcoming place.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lnorc
Our son has been at GSL since PK and is now in the 2nd grade. GSL is a remarkable school and he has thrived - both academically and developmentally. The teachers and staff are wonderful and truly care about each child. The sense of community this school fosters is fantastic and we can't imagine sending our son to any other school. As a family with two working parents it's great to know your child is in an environment that is not only academically challenging, but where he is happy and well cared for.
- Posted by Parent - mrowl
GSL is a wonderful place of learning in which our son has thrived. He has attended since PreK and is now finishing 1st grade. The school provides a solid academic environment while also bringing out each child's uniqueness and developing each child to their full potential. The teachers and staff are incredible and we are thrilled with our experience at GSL. We look forward to our son attending for years to come.
- Posted by Parent - mrowl
I am an extremely proud alumni of Grace-St. Luke's school and on all accounts I believe it to be the greatest school in Memphis, TN. I believe that I can truly speak on all aspects of GSL because I not only attended school there from Mother's Day Out to 8th grade, but I participated in almost every program there. The academics at GSL not only sufficiently prepared me for high school but led me to academic honors both during and after my time there. The teachers genuinely care about each and every student that comes through their doors and they will do whatever means necessary to help his or her students succeed in their class. I was involved in Theatre, Sports, Student Government (as president), and the Clubs offered on campus which set a precedent in my classmates and me of student involvement which has carried over to both my high school and college life. I know for a fact that I would not be the well-rounded person I am today without the values instilled in me at GSL. My parents will also vouch for how much a GSL education pays off after sending three children there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hjone
Both of my children have attended GSL since pre-kindergarten. I am thrilled with our school choice. GSL is a great balance of strong academics with a warm, friendly atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - nicho
My child has only attended two years so far (PK & JK) but GSL felt like home from the very first week. There are a ton of dual working parents and the school is very helpful in that regard with early drop off included in basic tuition (7 am) and very affordable aftercare until 6 pm. The Moms that are able to be at the school during daytime hours have been great in volunteering and taking the load off of those of us with less flexibility. Our entire family feels part of the school community especially with the GSL church offering sports teams during the pre-school years. We look forward to many years to come at GSL!
- Posted by Parent - landr
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.