Great Beginnings & Sydneys Autistic School
- Sydney's School for Autism, located on the grounds of St. Patrick Church, provides services to children with autism and those with similar disorders.
- It is the first school of its kind in Hillsborough County.
- Each child's individualized program is based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- ABA/AVB is a structured teaching program which relies on behavioral methods.
- During all ABA/AVB sessions the therapist/student ratio is 1:1. ABA is based on behavioral research first published by B.F. Skinner in 1938 and later expanded upon by many others.
- Years of research support the use of ABA/AVB for children with autism.
- At Sydney's School for Autism, we recognized how important it is to integrate children with autism with the typical Pre-School children on our campus (formerly Great Beginnings Pre-School).
- Sydney's School accepts pre-school, VPK, Kindergarten and 1st Grade students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-2|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
People that viewed Great Beginnings & Sydneys Autistic School also viewed these schools: Woodlawn Community Academy.
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?