Tel: (877) 788-8422
Greenbrier Academy Photo #3 - Our School of Horsemanship includes an indoor arena, opportunities for equestrian competition and horsemanship clinics.
Greenbrier Academy Photo #4 - Our Intensive Village Retreat is the premiere community experience that transforms our student's lives every single week. In as little as 4 months, they are back on a path of purpose, healthy friendships, and academic success.
Greenbrier Academy Photo #5 - Many students enroll with us academically behind or struggling. Due to small class sizes, engaging curriculum, our learning specialist, and therapeutic/academic collaboration, many students are able to catch up and receive college acceptance letters.. a dream for some that previously seemed unattainable.
Greenbrier Academy Photo #6 - Our campus will take your breath away. Plan a visit to see for yourself!
Greenbrier Academy Photo #7 - Daily community drumming strengthens campus culture, peer relationships, and lets us give back to the community through local performances.
Accredited therapeutic boarding school and licensed non-acute treatment center serving young women 14-18.
Every aspect of the Greenbrier program is designed to immerse your daughter in the therapeutic process.
Our purpose is to give your daughter the tools and guidance to transform her negative beliefs, implement healthy relational patterns and practice them in various contexts before moving on to lead a virtuous life.
Our goal is to set your daughter on a path to self-fulfillment so that she is prepared with the necessary tools to navigate the world as an adult.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Various-dependent upon individual student needs & severity|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$42,000|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Paid in 2 easy installments. Also includes three months of Integration Coaching at the completion of her time on campus.|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 7%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes 3 months of Masters Level Integration Coaching to insure a smooth transition home.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Grago|
|Admissions Associate||Amber Reed|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Equestrian, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Cross Fit, Equestrian,
Rock Climbing, Snowboarding,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Club, Garden Club, https://greenbrieracademy.com/what-we-do/social/student-clubs/?nabe=4958457447579648:0, Humanitarian Club, Music Club, Newsletter Club, Photography Club, Poetry Club, Pottery Club, Running Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Dance, Drumming, Photography, Piano Lessons, Pottery, Violin Lessons, Yoga
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Team, Cross Country, Intramural Volleyball, Soccer Team, Softball Team, Taekwondo
- Greenbrier Academy for Girls offers an immersive program specifically designed to reestablish a student`s core beliefs. This is done through the collaborative effort of experiences, therapy, academics, and a supportive community of sisterhood. Every aspect of the Greenbrier program is designed to immerse our students in the therapeutic process. We are not a boarding school with a therapy program. We don`t teach then talk. Greenbrier IS the therapy program in and of itself.
- When a teenager acts out or becomes withdrawn, those are symptoms of false beliefs that have become embedded through intense emotional experiences. While those experiences may not have been an obvious trauma that she`s even aware of, they have distorted her self-perception and caused her to honestly believe thoughts such as; "I am unlovable." or "I am defective." Until those beliefs are resolved and corrected, a student will continue to suffer the emotional and behavioral symptoms they create.
- Greenbrier has designed a framework where community, academics, signature programs (experiences), and family healing collaborate and connect to deconstruct those false beliefs and shepherd students toward deep, lasting change.
- Greenbrier Academy`s program is broken down into three 18-week-long block semesters with distinct therapeutic objectives that build upon the progress made in the previous block. Each block utilizes the full framework of Greenbrier`s therapeutic interventions; however, the emphasis, purpose, timing and frequency of those interventions vary with each block`s focus.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Grades: 9-12 | 155 students
600 13th Street
Huntington, WV 25701
(304) 525-5096 106.2 9-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.