- Accredited therapeutic boarding school and licensed non-acute treatment center serving young women 14-18.
- Every aspect of the Greenbrier program is designed to immerse your daughter in the therapeutic process.
- Our purpose is to give your daughter the tools and guidance to transform her negative beliefs, implement healthy relational patterns and practice them in various contexts before moving on to lead a virtuous life.
- Our goal is to set your daughter on a path to self-fulfillment so that she is prepared with the necessary tools to navigate the world as an adult.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Various-dependent upon individual student needs & severity|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$42,000|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Paid in 2 easy installments. Also includes three months of Integration Coaching at the completion of her time on campus.|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 7%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes 3 months of Masters Level Integration Coaching to insure a smooth transition home.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tracey O'Dell Caruso|
|Admissions Associate||John Grago|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Equestrian, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Cross Fit, Equestrian,
Rock Climbing, Snowboarding,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Club, Garden Club, https://greenbrieracademy.com/what-we-do/social/student-clubs/?nabe=4958457447579648:0, Humanitarian Club, Music Club, Newsletter Club, Photography Club, Poetry Club, Pottery Club, Running Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Dance, Drumming, Photography, Piano Lessons, Pottery, Violin Lessons, Yoga
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Team, Cross Country, Intramural Volleyball, Soccer Team, Softball Team, Taekwondo
- We are designed for average to above average girls who struggle with issues of depression, anxiety, ADHD, self- esteem, substance abuse, grief, loss and adoption issues, but who share a desire to move forward in their lives.
- Our family and support programs offer opportunities for families to develop strategies to reconnect and strengthen their relationships.
- Students are actively engaged in their education process with experiential learning opportunities that go beyond the classroom. Our attentive faculty and small staff to student ratio (1:4) contribute to strong connections with students, offering constructive habits for life-long learning.
- Art plays a crucial role in self expression and the therapeutic process. We offer a wide variety of art classes to suit many interests including ceramics & pottery, jewelry making, piano lessons, painting and 3-D sculpture.
- Unique to Greenbrier, our Village Retreat is an intense therapeutic experience.
- The School of Horsemanship is an optional program, offering private and semi-private lessons.
- Drumming accelerates physical healing, and produces feelings of wellbeing, a release of emotional trauma and a reintegration of self. Every day our community gets together to drum healing rhythms.
- We also have a wide spectrum of outdoor and indoor activities and cultural events, as well as volunteer work in the local community and a foster/rescue program for cats and dogs. Whether its volunteering locally with Habitat for Humanity or traveling to Nicaragua we provide many opportunities for our girls to serve the needs of others.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Grades: 9-12 | 155 students
600 13th Street
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)525-5096 106.2 9-12
- Winterville Grades: PK-12 | 446 students
4889 Old Tar Road
Winterville, NC 28590
(252)756-3002 237.8 PK-12