Greenbrier Academy Photo #3 - Our School of Horsemanship includes an indoor arena, opportunities for equestrian competition and horsemanship clinics.
Greenbrier Academy Photo #4 - Our Intensive Village Retreat is the premiere community experience that transforms our student's lives every single week. In as little as 4 months, they are back on a path of purpose, healthy friendships, and academic success.
Greenbrier Academy Photo #5 - Many students enroll with us academically behind or struggling. Due to small class sizes, engaging curriculum, our learning specialist, and therapeutic/academic collaboration, many students are able to catch up and receive college acceptance letters.. a dream for some that previously seemed unattainable.
Greenbrier Academy Photo #6 - Our campus will take your breath away. Plan a visit to see for yourself!
Greenbrier Academy Photo #7 - Daily community drumming strengthens campus culture, peer relationships, and lets us give back to the community through local performances.
- Greenbrier Academy preserves and protects your daughter's FUTURE, emotionally, socially, physically, and academically.
- We are an accredited academic/therapeutic boarding school and a licensed non-acute treatment center.Greenbrier Academy excels with girls who can participate in our various stimulating and highly effective therapeutic/academic programs.
- Because we work with less dis-ordered students we concentrate more on quality academics, more opportunities for local and international service, sports activities, animal projects, horsemanship, and high adventure trips.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Various-dependent upon individual student needs & severity|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$42,000|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Paid in 2 easy installments. Also includes three months of Integration Coaching at the completion of her time on campus.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 6%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes 3 months of Masters Level Integration Coaching to insure a smooth transition home.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Tracey O'Dell Caruso|
|Admissions Associate||John Grago|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Fit, Equestrian, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Cross Fit, Equestrian,
Rock Climbing, Snowboarding,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Book Club, Garden Club, https://greenbrieracademy.com/what-we-do/social/student-clubs/?nabe=4958457447579648:0, Humanitarian Club, Music Club, Newsletter Club, Photography Club, Poetry Club, Pottery Club, Running Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Ceramics, Dance, Drumming, Photography, Piano Lessons, Pottery, Violin Lessons, Yoga
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball Team, Cross Country, Intramural Volleyball, Soccer Team, Softball Team, Taekwondo
- Greenbrier Academy preserves and protects your daughter`s FUTURE; emotionally, socially, physically, and academically. We are an accredited academic/therapeutic boarding school and a licensed non-acute treatment center serving young women 14-18. Greenbrier Academy specializes in discovering subconscious destructive beliefs that motivate students' negative behaviors and emotions. Staff are equipped with sophisticated interventions to change these formerly intractable beliefs to positive beliefs. In doing so, students become motivated to embrace more loving and responsible relationships. At Greenbrier Academy, your daughter will find purpose. Greenbrier Academy stands out from other schools by how we integrate our philosophy and therapeutics into all aspects of student life. Working collectively, our academic, therapeutic, and residential teams urge students to explore their individual talents and rediscover forgotten interests. We understand how discouraging it is to witness your once vivacious daughter becoming distant and unenthusiastic. At GBA, incoming students find a healing retreat from the social pressures that distract and exhaust the majority of today`s youth. Essentially unhindered by the tensions created by these distractions, students are enabled to reclaim their lives. With a newfound sense of confidence, a Greenbrier Academy student is empowered to realize her full potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Grades: 9-12 | 160 students
600 13th Street
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)525-5096 106.2 9-12
- Winterville Grades: PK-12 | 446 students
4889 Old Tar Road
Winterville, NC 28590
(252)756-3002 237.8 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.