Greene Towne School
- Greene Towne School is the oldest Montessori preschool and Kindergarten in Center City, Philadelphia.
- Since 1966, Greene Towne has provided a superlative education for children aged 3 to 6.
- In the fall of 2002 we added a Toddler Program, and now accept children beginning at age 18 months.
- The school offers afternoon care and a summer program for both 3 to 6 year old children and toddlers.
- Every aspect of Greene Towne stimulates creativity and learning. Educational materials are designed specifically for a young child's mind and body, and the facility is colorful, bright and inviting.
- Boys and girls feel inspired, whether they are writing a short story with the moveable alphabet, taking pictures for a photography exhibit, or watering plants in our roof deck container garden.
- Greene Towne School is accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 5 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to the child\'s age and schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Erika Goldberg|
|Admissions Associate||Nicole Leapheart|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PhiladelphiaGrades: 1-12 | 311 students
2101 S College Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19121
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-4 | 40 students
3529 Haverford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 169 students
1500 Orthodox Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-KG | 50 students
6767 Germantown Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119
- PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-11 | 263 students
1501 Germantown Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19122
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.