Grey Nun Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (215) 968-4151
- Grey Nun Academy is an independent, Catholic, co-educational, elementary and middle school in Bucks County, PA for students in PreK3 to eighth grade.
- Founded in 1963 by the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart, the Academy's mission is to offer an academically rich curriculum that meets the unique needs of individual students, respecting the rights, interests, and dignity of each child.
- Grey Nun Academy welcomes children of all faiths and cultures.
- The school's educational process leads children to embrace and promote peace and social justice in our world. To learn more, visit www.greynunacademy.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Various|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,650|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $4,500 to $14,650 depending on grade and associated feeds.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,800|
|Admissions Director||Susy Kim|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Chinese, Cooking, Science, STEM, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Cello, Piano, Theater
- MISSION: Grey Nun Academy is an independent, Catholic, co-educational, elementary and middle school in Bucks County, Pennsylvania for students in grades PreK3 to eighth grade. In the tradition of Saint Marguerite d'Youville, Mother of Universal Charity, Grey Nun Academy welcomes children of all faiths and cultures. Within an academically rigorous environment, students progress developmentally through two distinct divisions: Lower School grades PreK-5 and Middle School grades 6-8. Embracing its commitment to academic excellence for more than 50 years, Grey Nun Academy integrates learning with faith and action, while nurturing and encouraging the unique gifts found in each person. Students receive technologically advanced instruction with increasing specialization throughout their school career. Together, the members of the Grey Nun Academy community inspire responsibility and compassion while preparing students to succeed in a changing world.
- PHILOSOPHY: Grey Nun Academy is a community committed to a learning process that allows each child to attain a fuller knowledge of self, world, and God. As a faith-based, Catholic coeducational institution rooted in the philosophy and mission of the Grey Nuns of the Sacred Heart, our Academy articulates the moral standards implicit in all learning as we make Gospel values real to our students. Through our community`s emphasis on peace and social justice, students accept their responsibility to those in need and their role as good stewards of the earth. We design an academically rich curriculum that meets the unique needs of individual students, respecting the rights, interests, and dignity of each child. It is this environment of respect and acceptance that instills these same qualities in our students. Our learning methods foster creativity and stimulate an inquiring spirit. In all, we enrich each child`s intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical development. We advocate a partnership of teachers and parents as co-educators of our children. Therefore, teachers and parents interact with open communication and cooperation, and we encourage and appreciate parental interest and participation in the school community. Working together, the members of the Grey Nun Academy community educate children to function as productive students in secondary education and to mature as responsible members of their family, their community, their faith, and their world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newtown Grades: PK-8 | 709 students
51 Wrights Rd
Newtown, PA 18940
(215) 968-2685 3.5 PK-8
- Morrisville Grades: PK-8 | 314 students
995 Reading Ave
Morrisville, PA 19067
(215) 493-3867 2.5 PK-8
- Cranberry Township Grades: 9-12 | 593 students
1617 Rt. 228
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
(412) 321-4823 274.2 9-12
- Erie Grades: 9-12 | 544 students
538 E Grandview Blvd
Erie, PA 16504
(814) 824-2210 297.6 9-12
GNA is a wonderful school and community. The teachers are enthusiastic and provide a positive, safe and rewarding atmosphere in which all students learn and grow.
- Posted by Parent - Glabicki
What a gem! GNA is a special place. The faculty and staff are welcoming, caring, and attentive to students and parents. Students are held to a higher standard and have the support they need to accomplish great things. Make an investment in your child and send him/her to Grey Nun! You won't be disappointed!
- Posted by Parent - MommaMia
Grey Nun Academy has been nothing but amazing for our daughter. A hidden gem that should not be hidden in any way, shape or form. The environment has provided our son a place of educational growth, supported by lessons of morals, values and ethics. Something you are hard pressed to find at other schools in the area. My husband and I attribute all of this to the warm, nurturing environment, which includes small classes that provide one-on-one attention. In our search for a school, we did not find that anywhere else in the Newtown/Yardley, PA area. Grey Nun Academy is our home away from home.
- Posted by Parent - jszwa
Sending our children to GNA has been one of the best decisions we have make as parents. Each of our three children learned to excel because of the wonderful staff and faculty. Every child is important, cared for, and loved at GNA. Additionally, my children were accepted at all the high schools they applied to, and well prepared with the academic and organizational skills needed to succeed
- Posted by Parent - kelly
Grey Nun Academy is the only private catholic elementary school in the area. The curriculum is top notch and each child is challenged to reach their maximum potential. While the academics are excellent, just as important, the atmosphere is a loving, caring community where everyone knows your name and parents work together with teachers and administrators to enhance the education of our children. Technology continues to be on the cutting edge with a new iPad cart this year. This school is worth every penny!
- Posted by Parent - rmper
Grey Nun Academy is by far and away the best school in area. I looked at several area private schools and was so impressed by everything from the adminstration to the teachers and students. Class sizes are small allowing for differentiated learning among students. Students are challenged and are thriving in a very loving and nurturing environment. Technology at GNA was completely revamped in 2011 with a brand new state of the art MAC lab and new windows based desktops in every class. Our experience has been wonderful!
- Posted by Parent - Tuzza
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.