5.00 (1 review)
- DePaul is Jacksonville's first school for students with dyslexia, serving Northeast Florida for nearly 40 years.
- We are a multisensory school that uses the Orton Gillingham approach.
- In 2017-18, 95 percent of DePaul students increased their reading level by a full year or more. Forty-six percent grew MORE than a school year's worth. DePaul students also read more than 2,500 books this year alone.
- DePaul is accredited by the AISF and NCPSA. All teachers are certified in Lindamood Bell.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Council for Private School Accreditation|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform polos with khakis)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 19 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,950|
|Tuition Notes||We accept the McKay, Gardiner, and Hope Scholarships, plus the Frances McGlannan Trust and the FTC|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Teri K. Modisette|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Mad Scientist, Physical Education|
Club or Organization:
Lego Bricks, Soccer and Cooking
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Craft, Drama, Music, Technology
- We serve students with dyslexia, though a formal diagnosis is not necessary. DePaul enrolls students in grades 2-8 who prefer a multisensory environment and have positive grades in Conduct.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: 6-12 | 180 students
9920 Regency Square Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32225
(904)726-5000 6.7 6-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 146 students
11915 Beach Blvd. Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32246
(904)674-0900 13.2 K-12
This has been the best learning environment for my child so far. I wish every cild can have a DePaul experience.... They are doing a great job!!!
- Posted by Parent - redfo
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.