5.00 (1 review)
- DePaul is Jacksonville's first school for students with dyslexia, serving Northeast Florida for nearly 40 years.
- We are a multisensory school that uses the Orton Gillingham approach.
- In 2017-18, 95 percent of DePaul students increased their reading level by a full year or more. Forty-six percent grew MORE than a school year's worth. DePaul students also read more than 2,500 books this year alone.
- DePaul is accredited by the AISF and NCPSA. All teachers are certified in Lindamood Bell.
- Local school helps student struggling with dyslexia, brings awareness to learning difference - 10/17/2018 - "It's important to me to get awareness out there because there are kids who are being labeled as lazy, as not smart," she said. "I want teachers, I want the ...morecommunity to know that with the right platform students can and will be successful." hide
- THE PLAYERS surprises DePaul School students, faculty with new technology - 10/04/2018 - THE PLAYERS Championship Red Coats surprise DePaul School Head of School Dr. Amber Oliveira Wednesday, Sept. 26, with the donation of eight new SMART Boards to the school. PHOTOS BY ...moreSAMANTHA LOGUE hide
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Council for Private School Accreditation|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform polos with khakis)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 19 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,950|
|Tuition Notes||We accept the McKay, Gardiner, and Hope Scholarships, plus the Frances McGlannan Trust and the FTC|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Teri K. Modisette|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Mad Scientist, Physical Education|
Club or Organization:
Lego Bricks, Soccer and Cooking
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts and Craft, Drama, Music, Technology
- We serve students with dyslexia, though a formal diagnosis is not necessary. DePaul enrolls students in grades 2-8 who prefer a multisensory environment and have positive grades in Conduct.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: 6-12 | 175 students
9920 Regency Square Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32225
(904)726-5000 6.7 6-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 1-12
223 Mill Creek Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)724-8323 7.4 1-12
This has been the best learning environment for my child so far. I wish every cild can have a DePaul experience.... They are doing a great job!!!
- Posted by Parent - redfo
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.