GW Community School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 56 students
- Yearly Tuition: $29,616
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Now, For Something Completely Different - 05/14/2020GW Community School received media attention during COVID-19 school closings for quickly and successfully engaging students in remote learning and finding creative ways to keep the community connected.
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chess, Coyote Robotics, History thru Movies, Music Club, Soccer, Student Government Association, Theatre / Improv, Weightlifting, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Co-ed Flag Football, Co-ed Softball, Personal Fitness
- Admissions Process: GW Community School has rolling admissions. We keep our class sizes small and want to keep our total enrollment at approximately 55 students therefore we do fill up and have to turn students away.
- GW Community School does not host an Open House for prospective families; instead we schedule personal interviews with our Director. If you are interested in learning more about GWCS we recommend the following:
- 1. Familiarize yourself with GWCS through our website: www.gwcommunityschool.com. If this sparks your interest or stirs up additional questions...
- 2. Call GWCS and ask to schedule a prospective interview: (703) 978-7208. Prospective interviews include student and parent(s) and last approximately one hour. You will meet with the Director, Alexa Warden. She will talk with you about GWCS, answer any of your questions, ask you questions and show you around the school including visiting classes that are insession at the time, interacting with students and teachers.
- 3. Submit an application complete with writing sample, photo and application fee.
- 4. Once application material has been received you will be notified of our decision by mail within two to three weeks.
Endorse GW Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards