At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that. Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 students achieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instruction model it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditional classroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexible scheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school. Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well as part-time students who want to remediate or accelerate their traditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150 college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fits your needs. Halstrom is WASC accredited, UC/CSU certified and NCAA approved.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / ADD / Social Anxiety / Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,200|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student with I-pad and 10 classes * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional * Call 888-HALSTROM to ask about our programs * Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Bishop|
- Dr. Karen Bishop, who founded Halstrom Academy (formerly Futures High School) in 1985, envisioned a private middle school and high school that was committed to fostering academic growth and success for all attending students by providing individualized instruction on a one teacher to one student basis. Because optimum learning occurs when the learner actively participates in the process, instruction at Halstrom focuses on the student's skills, interests, needs, and learning pace. Students and instructors work together to set learning expectations and personalized goals, and develop mutual respect for one another. In many cases, Halstrom instructors develop mentoring relationships their students. Students quickly learn to take pride and responsibility in the learning process. The self-discipline required to work independently transfers successfully to college and a wide range of careers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Los AngelesGrades: NS-12 | 852 students
3261 Overland Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90034
Los AngelesGrades: K-12 | 693 students
11811 W Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
BurbankGrades: 9-12 | 420 students
511 S Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91505
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.