At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that. Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 students achieve educational success with the 1:1 instruction model it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditional classroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexible scheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school.
- Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well as part-time students who want to remediate or accelerate their traditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150 college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fits your needs. Halstrom is WASC accredited, UC/CSU certified and NCAA approved.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / ADD / Social Anxiety / Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,150|
|Tuition Notes||* Full-Time Student with I-pad and 10 classes * Subject to change based on individual needs of the student * AP & Honors classes additional - Call 888-HALSTROM to ask about our programs - Schedule a campus tour to get a customized quote|
|Admissions Director||Chanel Grant|
- Dr. Karen Bishop, who founded Halstrom Academy (formerly Futures High School) in 1985, envisioned a private middle school and high school that was committed to fostering academic growth and success for all attending students by providing individualized instruction on a one teacher to one student basis. Because optimum learning occurs when the learner actively participates in the process, instruction at Halstrom focuses on the student's skills, interests, needs, and learning pace. Students and instructors work together to set learning expectations and personalized goals, and develop mutual respect for one another. In many cases, Halstrom instructors develop mentoring relationships their students. Students quickly learn to take pride and responsibility in the learning process. The self-discipline required to work independently transfers successfully to college and a wide range of careers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FairhopeGrades: 3-12 | 421 students
Test road 2
Fairhope, AL 15000
Los AngelesGrades: NS-5 | 144 students
1819 Sawtelle Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Los AngelesGrades: KG-12 | 633 students
1717 1/2 W Century Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90047
Los AngelesGrades: 6-12 | 66 students
4256 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90062
Los AngelesGrades: 3-12 | 108 students
12101 W Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.