At Halstrom Academy, our personalized one-to-one teaching approach provides students the opportunity to maximize their academic potential in a small, nurturing, private school environment.
- Students learn differently, and Halstrom Academy understands that. Since 1985, Halstrom Academy has helped more than 16,000 students achieve educational success with the personalized 1:1 instruction model it pioneered.
- For students who struggle in the traditional classroom such as those with ADHD, Dyslexia, or social anxiety, or students with special scheduling needs such as athletes and artists, Halstrom`s personalized approach to teaching and flexible scheduling options helps students in grades 6-12 succeed in school. Halstrom offers open enrollment for full-time students, as well as part-time students who want to remediate or accelerate their traditional school curriculum.
- Halstrom offers more than 150 college prep and 18 AP courses, as well as a variety of social activities and clubs.
- At Halstrom, you will find a school that fits your needs.Halstrom is WASC accredited, UC/CSU certified and NCAA approved.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Dr. Karen Bishop, who founded Halstrom Academy (formerly Futures High School) in 1985, envisioned a private middle school and high school that was committed to fostering academic growth and success for all attending students by providing individualized instruction on a one teacher to one student basis. Because optimum learning occurs when the learner actively participates in the process, instruction at Halstrom focuses on the student's skills, interests, needs, and learning pace. Students and instructors work together to set learning expectations and personalized goals, and develop mutual respect for one another. In many cases, Halstrom instructors develop mentoring relationships their students. Students quickly learn to take pride and responsibility in the learning process. The self-discipline required to work independently transfers successfully to college and a wide range of careers.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
2302 Martin St., Ste. 100, Colton Plaza
Irvine, CA 92612
Newport BeachGrades: PK-K | 124 students
1550 Bristol Street N
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Newport BeachGrades: NS-1 | 120 students
20221 SW Cypress Street
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Costa MesaGrades: K-8 | 705 students
300 Fischer Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Costa MesaGrades: K-1 | 24 students
398 University Dr
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.