5.00 (1 review)
- Harmony Heights is a therapeutic residential and day school serving girls with emotional needs that cannot be adequately served in the standard high school setting.
- Situated in Oyster Bay, New York, Harmony Heights was established in 1974, it has served as an outstanding resource for education and emotional healing for 30 years.
- Harmony is a chartered and registered high school accredited by New York State and offers regents, local and IEP diplomas.
- From teachers to guidance counselors to therapists, the staff at Harmony Heights represents the finest caliber of professionals each dedicated to the emotional, social and educational well-being of our students.
- In a caring supportive atmosphere that stresses self-worth, self-reliance and hope for the future, Harmony Heights girls discover the inner resources necessary to overcome adversity and conflict, to become fulfilled, productive individuals.
- Harmony Heights students are generally referred to us by hospitals and schools who deem further care necessary.
- Our program serves as an alternate to long-term hospitalization, serving instead as the next step in care, nurturing teenage girls with a less restrictive, more home like environment.
- Throughout the years Harmony Heights has assisted hundreds of girls and their families in getting the help they need.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Oyster BayGrades: 9-12 | 441 students
110 Anstice Street
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
HartsdaleGrades: 9-12 | 561 students
500 W Hartsdale Ave
Hartsdale, NY 10530
New YorkGrades: 9-12 | 740 students
350 E 56th Street
New York, NY 10022
Garden CityGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 567 students
20 East 92nd Street
New York, NY 10128
This school has provided me with the support and environment I needed. The staff is wonderful and provide a nurturing environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - afrid
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?
July 11, 2017
Suggestions for the small school's IT infrastructure and services.