- What We Are... Heartland Christian Homeschool Center, Inc. is an innovative school, incorporating the best from both traditional school and home study. We are excited to meet your family and discover how we can partner with you in your children's education. Best of Both ... Heartland blends the important benefits of a traditional classroom setting with the flexibility and parental oversight of home schooling.
- Heartland keeps objective academic records, testing students on campus, and maintaining deadlines on academic requirements. This strengthens the credibility and accountability of home schooling.
- Additionally, Heartland offers advice and instruction from experienced staff.
- Students attend full school day 3 days/week and homeschool 2 days/week.
- Heartland provides the opportunity for interaction with friends and peers within the context of a positive, energetic community.
- Home schooling is steadily growing throughout the United States. Heartland strives to assist full time home schooling parents with the responsibility of their child`s educational success.
- Heartland has developed a dependable reputation of care and help. Each year new and fresh ideas are incorporated such as drama clubs, dance classes, music classes, Bible studies, field trips, parent classes, family activities, and excellent training in current technology, adding to the vibrancy of campus life.
- With viable word-of-mouth referrals, Heartland continues to grow and serve the community.
- Please call us at (619) 461-7220 to schedule a tour of our lovely campus and meet our wonderful staff.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,750|
|Tuition Notes||Price will vary with grade level and number of days per week student is attending. Please refer to our website for more detail.|
- HCHC`s Statement of Faith
- The Scriptures
- The Old and the New Testaments of the Holy Bible are inerrant and inspired by God Himself. They are the only rule for Christian faith and practice.
- One God
- There is one God, existing eternally in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is truly God and truly man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a substitution sacrifice, so that all who believe on Him and call to Him in faith may be justified because of His shed blood. He rose from the dead according to the Scriptures, and will come again with His angels and His saints to defeat finally His enemies.
- The Resurrection
- There shall be a bodily resurrection for the just and the unjust. The justified shall be resurrected unto life. The condemned shall be resurrected unto judgment.
- Sin and Salvation
- Sin has separated man from God, resulting in both physical and spiritual death. Man can only be saved through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all who want to be born again. They must repent, believe in Him, become baptized in water, receive the Holy Spirit, and become a vital part of His holy community.
- The Holy Spirit
- Each believer is to receive the Holy Spirit at conversion, but we also believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which brings power to the believer for daily, sanctified living and the manifestations of the spiritual gifts. This infilling of the Holy Spirit is not a one-time event, but it is repeatable through the believer`s life.
- The Church
- The church consists of all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lemon Grove Grades: PK | 45 students
2920 Main Street
Lemon Grove, CA 91945
(619)698-4306 2.5 PK
- Lemon Grove Grades: K-12 | 100 students
1345 Skyline Dr
Lemon Grove, CA 91945
(619)461-5561 2.7 K-12
- El Cajon Grades: PK-K | 158 students
1358 Pepper Dr
El Cajon, CA 92021
(619)444-7770 6.4 PK-K
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.