- Helios School's mission is to provide an engaging and imaginative education that serves the unique intellectual, social and emotional needs of gifted students and their families.
- The school is known for its Ability-grouped Math classes, Expeditionary Learning Model of Integrated Project-based learning, Mandarin and Spanish World Language programs, Mindfulness and SEL focus.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 18 / Feb. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,300|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available. K-4: $29,300 5-8: $30,800|
|Admissions Director||Susan Stanat|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||and Music, Art, Chess, Robotics|
- Private, progressive secular school based on a constructivist model of education
- K - 8 curriculum designed specifically for gifted students
- Second language program for Chinese and Spanish.
- Rigorous academic curriculum in project-based, collaborative environment
- Multi-dimensional learning, including social and emotional development
- Low student-to-teacher ratio of 10:1
- Full school day 8:15 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Aftercare available until 6:00 p.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlingame Grades: PK-12 | 889 students
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650)350-4528 23.7 PK-12
- Menlo Park Grades: PK-8
1211 Arbor Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650)322-2312 10.6 PK-8
- Palo Alto Grades: NS-8 | 236 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(650)813-9131 6.1 NS-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.