- Helios School's mission is to provide an engaging and imaginative education that serves the unique intellectual, social and emotional needs of gifted students and their families.
- The school is known for its Ability-grouped Math classes, Expeditionary Learning Model of Integrated Project-based learning, Mandarin and Spanish World Language programs, Mindfulness and SEL focus.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 3|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,500|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available.|
|Admissions Director||Daniel Popplewell|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Chess, Robotics, and Music Art, Chess, Robotics, and Music,|
- Private, progressive secular school based on a constructivist model of education
- K - 8 curriculum designed specifically for gifted students
- Second language program for Chinese and Spanish.
- Rigorous academic curriculum in project-based, collaborative environment
- Multi-dimensional learning, including social and emotional development
- Low student-to-teacher ratio of 9:1
- Full school day 8:15 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
- Aftercare available until 6:00 p.m.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Palo AltoGrades: K-8 | 235 students
4000 Terman Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Menlo ParkGrades: PK-8 | 281 students
1211 Arbor Rd
Menlo Park, CA 94025
6565 Skyline Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?