- Holy Childhood's School Program offers comprehension and therapeutic services to children ages five to twenty-one with intellectual disabilities.
- The overall curriculum focuses on the development of the “whole” student with emphasis placed on academic, social, physical, vocational and recreational growth.
- Students enrolled at Holy Childhood follow a modified New York State curriculum and participate in the New York State Alternate Assessment.
- All students have an Individual Education Plan (IEP), generated collaboratively by the home school district and Holy Childhood staff.
- The Program consists of four 8:1:1 classes and seven 12:1:1 classes.
- The 8:1:1 classes are generally for our elementary aged students (ages 5-10 years).
- Our teaching staff is comprised of highly trained and motivated instructors who are exceptional in their personal commitment and involvement in the lives of our students. Vist www.holychildhood.org for more information.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||IEP based instruction|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for tuition information|
|Admissions Associate||Patty Purvee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cheerleading squad, Kids Klub, Out & About Recreational Program for older students, Senior Prom, Teen Socials Kids Klub, Senior Prom, Teen Socials, Cheerleading squad,
Out & About Recreational Program for older students,
- Individualized educational services for individuals with intellectual disabilities ~Serving children ages 5-21 from more than 35 area school districts ~recreational and socialization programs ~Occupational therapist and speech language therapists work with student in and out of the classroom ~therapeutic swim program
Profile last updated: 12/19/2015
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017