- Holy Childhood's School Program offers comprehension and therapeutic services to children ages five to twenty-one with intellectual disabilities.
- The overall curriculum focuses on the development of the “whole” student with emphasis placed on academic, social, physical, vocational and recreational growth.
- Students enrolled at Holy Childhood follow a modified New York State curriculum and participate in the New York State Alternate Assessment.
- All students have an Individual Education Plan (IEP), generated collaboratively by the home school district and Holy Childhood staff.
- The Program consists of four 8:1:1 classes and seven 12:1:1 classes.
- The 8:1:1 classes are generally for our elementary aged students (ages 5-10 years).
- Our teaching staff is comprised of highly trained and motivated instructors who are exceptional in their personal commitment and involvement in the lives of our students. Vist www.holychildhood.org for more information.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||IEP based instruction|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for tuition information|
|Admissions Associate||Patty Purvee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cheerleading squad, Kids Klub, Out & About Recreational Program for older students, Senior Prom, Teen Socials|
- Individualized educational services for individuals with intellectual disabilities ~Serving children ages 5-21 from more than 35 area school districts ~recreational and socialization programs ~Occupational therapist and speech language therapists work with student in and out of the classroom ~therapeutic swim program
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.