Holy Family Inst Day School East
- Holy Family of Nazareth founded Holy Family Institute as an orphanage.
- The orphanage served children in need of care because of the grim realities of life in the industrial Western Pennsylvania: mine disaster, mill accident, and illness.
- As social conditions changed, Holy Family Institute changed too. Today, with a philosophy based on compassion and faith, Holy Family helps families across Pennsylvania who are struggling with abuse, emotional and behavioral problems, learning disorders, and other debilitating situations.
- At an age when most children are concerned about their favorite flavor of ice cream, Thomas could hear his small tummy rumbling after days without food and worried about when his next meal would come.
- At a time when most children strive to attract hugs and kisses from their parents, Thomas so feared the wrath of his mother that he would cower under the kitchen table when she would come home drunk or high to avoid being screamed at, kicked, or slammed against the wall as so often happened when she bothered to come home at all.
- Thankfully for 6-year old Thomas, and the hundreds of children like him in our community, there is an answer.
- For more than a century, Holy Family Institute has been a home to thousands of children like Thomas, and has supported families in need of physical, emotional and spiritual help.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-11|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HomesteadGrades: 8-12 | 28 students
120 E 9th Ave
Homestead, PA 15120
PittsburghGrades: 2-12 | 91 students
4900 Girard Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15227
PittsburghGrades: K-12 | 193 students
1405 Shady Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
North VersaillesGrades: KG-8 | 117 students
245 Foster Rd
North Versailles, PA 15137
Turtle CreekGrades: 2-12 | 63 students
547 Hunter St
Turtle Creek, PA 15145
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017