Horizon Christian School
Horizon Christian School (HCS) serves students from pre-k through 12th grade, and is a non-denominational ministry of Horizon Christian Fellowship.
Our student body of nearly 300 is comprised of students from many local churches.
HCS teaches from a Biblical worldview, and is fully accredited through the Indiana Department of Education.
Horizon provides small class sizes with more personal attention. Students enjoy our beautiful 98 acre campus in the Geist/Lawrence area.
Horizon is a non-denominational, Biblically based Christian school striving for academic excellence while developing in students a Christian perspective of the world by encouraging a lifetime of service to Jesus Christ.
- Top Ranked IN School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 288 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,720
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
Calculus, English, Statistics, US History
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
PK: $2,600 K-5th grade: $6,720 6th-8th grade: $6,860 High School: $7,470 Additionally, all grades have $260 registration fee and $260 curriculum fee
National avg.: 85%
Mary Lyn Milford
- The curriculum at Horizon Christian School emphasizes a Biblical worldview, and intentionally promotes an atmosphere of Christ's love that encourages our students to obey God's Word and trust fully in God's sovereignty. It is the work of Horizon Christian School to provide an intentional educational framework which equips our students with the skills necessary to pursue God's calling in their lives. The students at Horizon have achieved above the national average on national standardized tests, and above the Indiana average on the ISTEP. Courses are aligned with Indiana State Standards and taught through a Christian worldview. We continually review and enhance our academics, providing our students with the essential skills to succeed. Our students go on to a variety of colleges, including Anderson University, Indiana University, Indiana Wesleyan University, IUPUI, Purdue University, Taylor University, and many others.
Endorse Horizon Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.