Horizon Christian School
Tel: (317) 823-4538
- Horizon Christian School (HCS) serves students from pre-k through 12th grade, and is a non-denominational ministry of Horizon Christian Fellowship.
- Our student body of nearly 300 is comprised of students from many local churches.
- HCS teaches from a Biblical worldview, and is fully accredited through the Indiana Department of Education.
- Horizon provides small class sizes with more personal attention. Students enjoy our beautiful 98 acre campus in the Geist/Lawrence area.
- Horizon is a non-denominational, Biblically based Christian school striving for academic excellence while developing in students a Christian perspective of the world by encouraging a lifetime of service to Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, English, Statistics, US History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,720|
|Tuition Notes||PK: $2,600 K-5th grade: $6,720 6th-8th grade: $6,860 High School: $7,470 Additionally, all grades have $260 registration fee and $260 curriculum fee|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mary Lyn Milford|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- The curriculum at Horizon Christian School emphasizes a Biblical worldview, and intentionally promotes an atmosphere of Christ's love that encourages our students to obey God's Word and trust fully in God's sovereignty. It is the work of Horizon Christian School to provide an intentional educational framework which equips our students with the skills necessary to pursue God's calling in their lives. The students at Horizon have achieved above the national average on national standardized tests, and above the Indiana average on the ISTEP. Courses are aligned with Indiana State Standards and taught through a Christian worldview. We continually review and enhance our academics, providing our students with the essential skills to succeed. Our students go on to a variety of colleges, including Anderson University, Indiana University, Indiana Wesleyan University, IUPUI, Purdue University, Taylor University, and many others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 713 students
5885 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 251-1451 7.9 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 524-7050 11.8 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: NS-12 | 1258 students
6401 E 75th St
Indianapolis, IN 46250
(317) 849-3441 3.9 NS-12
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 210 students
3639 S Keystone Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317) 789-8710 14.4 PK-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 7-12 | 639 students
3360 W 30th St
Indianapolis, IN 46222
(317) 924-4333 13.5 7-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?