Horseheads Christian School
- At Horseheads Christian School we have the goal of assisting parents in the training of their child for life.
- Our desire is to come alongside and provide an education founded on God's Word that develops the academic skills needed for life.
- We include Bible instruction and clear standards that help in developing positive character traits in the lives of each student.
- With this twofold focus on excellence in academics and character, each child will be given the opportunity to discover and develop their strengths and abilities as God has designed them.
- Established in 1970, Horseheads Christian School is an elementary school with classes for each grade from K-4 to grade Six.
- Our certified teachers faithfully serve with the guidance of Bible based curriculum in a safe and friendly environment that enhances each child's ability to learn.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||84 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ElmiraGrades: PK-12 | 92 students
235 E Miller Street
Elmira, NY 14904
- ElmiraGrades: 7-9 | 137 students
1010 Davis St
Elmira, NY 14901
- HorseheadsGrades: PK-6 | 149 students
811 Westlake St
Horseheads, NY 14845
- BreesportGrades: 7-12 | 95 students
Po Box K
Breesport, NY 14816
- CorningGrades: PK-8 | 137 students
158 State St
Corning, NY 14830
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.