Ilam Ramon Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Ilan Ramon Day School prepares our children to embrace the diverse challenges of the 21st century.
- We are a community Jewish day school with an integrated curriculum focused on critical thinking, community involvement, the values of Judaism, and a personal connection to Israel.
- Our innovative program develops lifelong learners and leaders by emphasizing intellectual, spiritual and creative development with a focus on the social-emotional growth of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(comfortable and modest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on grade/school division|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ceramics, Dance, Rock Climbing, Science, Soccer, Theatre, Yoga|
- Ilan Ramon Day School (previously known as Heschel West) is the FIRST AND ONLY NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON JEWISH DAY SCHOOL IN THE West San Fernando and Conejo Valleys. Award received September 2008.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 325.6 PK-8
- Calabasas Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818)880-8820 3.3 PK-8
Our son has been going to Ilan Ramon Day School for over four years and absolutely loves it! Not only has he developed a true interest in learning, but he loves playing with kids across all grade levels. It's so nurturing and has such a caring staff. There is a true sense of community like one I've never experienced before. Parents are so supportive and there for each other, an extended family. We have made life long friends and I'm so grateful to have discovered this gem of a School.
- Posted by Parent - Joanna
I cannot imagine a better fit for my two sons! Ilan Ramon Day School provides a nurturing, loving Jewish community that academically challenges my kids. Top notch!
- Posted by Parent - Noah S.
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.