Ilam Ramon Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Ilan Ramon Day School prepares our children to embrace the diverse challenges of the 21st century.
- We are a community Jewish day school with an integrated curriculum focused on critical thinking, community involvement, the values of Judaism, and a personal connection to Israel.
- Our innovative program develops lifelong learners and leaders by emphasizing intellectual, spiritual and creative development with a focus on the social-emotional growth of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(comfortable and modest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based on grade/school division|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ceramics, Dance, Rock Climbing, Science, Soccer, Theatre, Yoga|
- Ilan Ramon Day School (previously known as Heschel West) is the FIRST AND ONLY NATIONAL BLUE RIBBON JEWISH DAY SCHOOL IN THE West San Fernando and Conejo Valleys. Award received September 2008.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 325.6 PK-8
- Calabasas Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
1666 Las Virgenes Canyon Road
Calabasas, CA 91302
(818)880-8820 3.3 PK-8
Our son has been going to Ilan Ramon Day School for over four years and absolutely loves it! Not only has he developed a true interest in learning, but he loves playing with kids across all grade levels. It's so nurturing and has such a caring staff. There is a true sense of community like one I've never experienced before. Parents are so supportive and there for each other, an extended family. We have made life long friends and I'm so grateful to have discovered this gem of a School.
- Posted by Parent - Joanna
I cannot imagine a better fit for my two sons! Ilan Ramon Day School provides a nurturing, loving Jewish community that academically challenges my kids. Top notch!
- Posted by Parent - Noah S.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.