- Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a Catholic Pre-K (4 year old) through 8th grade elementary school serving the spiritual and educational needs of our parish families.
- Our school was opened to the parish community in 1957 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
- Today, we continue the mission that began nearly 50 years ago: to educate the whole child in a spiritual and academic environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We offer in-parish discounted rates on tuition, and sibling discounts. (PreK does not qualify for a discount at this time.)|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Tressa Catalina|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Geography Bee, Girl Scouts, Girls on the run, It's Academic Team, Math League, Musical Instrument Instruction, Rembrandts Drawing Class, Science Olympiad, Service Club, Soccer Shots, Spelling Bee, WIHM News Crew Boy Scouts, Geography Bee, Girl Scouts, Math League, Service Club, Soccer Shots, Spelling Bee, WIHM News Crew, Girls on the run,
It's Academic Team,
Musical Instrument Instruction,
Rembrandts Drawing Class,
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a Catholic Pre-K - 8th grade elementary school serving the spiritual and educational needs of our parish families. Our school was opened to the parish community in 1957 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph. Today, we continue the mission that began nearly 50 years ago: to educate the whole child in a spiritual and academic environment. We provide a Christ-centered Catholic education that achieves academic excellence by challenging students to learn and teachers to innovate within a comprehensive program that fosters faith formation, social growth and service to others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilmingtonGrades: K-9 | 543 students
9 Sharpley Rd
Wilmington, DE 19803
WilmingtonGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
1715 W. 9th Street
Wilmington, DE 19805
WilmingtonGrades: PK-12 | 210 students
2510 Marsh Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
WilmingtonGrades: NS-12 | 703 students
101 School Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
Glen MillsGrades: PK-8 | 411 students
430 Valleybrook Road
Glen Mills, PA 19342
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.