Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a Catholic Pre-K (4 year old) through 8th grade elementary school serving the spiritual and educational needs of our parish families.
- Our school was opened to the parish community in 1957 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
- Today, we continue the mission that began nearly 50 years ago: to educate the whole child in a spiritual and academic environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||493 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,324|
|Tuition Notes||We offer in-parish discounted rates on tuition, and sibling discounts. (PreK does not qualify for a discount at this time.)|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Tressa Catalina|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Club, Boy Scouts, Geography Bee, Girl Scouts, It's Academic Team, Math League, National Junior Honors Society, Science Olympiad, Service Club, Spelling Bee, Student Government, WIHM News Crew, Youth in Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Musical Instrument Instruction, Rembrandts Drawing Class
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the run, Soccer Shots
- Immaculate Heart of Mary School is a Catholic Pre-K - 8th grade elementary school serving the spiritual and educational needs of our parish families. Our school was opened to the parish community in 1957 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph. Today, we continue the mission that began nearly 50 years ago: to educate the whole child in a spiritual and academic environment. We provide a Christ-centered Catholic education that achieves academic excellence by challenging students to learn and teachers to innovate within a comprehensive program that fosters faith formation, social growth and service to others.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
1715 W. 9th Street
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302)421-3743 3.3 PK-8
- Wilmington Grades: PK-8 | 545 students
9 Sharpley Rd
Wilmington, DE 19803
(302)656-2745 1.8 PK-8
- Wilmington Grades: PK-12 | 540 students
1500 Cedar St
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302)656-3369 4.2 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.