International Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (718) 436-8924
- International Christian School is a distinctively Christian, private school that offers high academic and spiritual standards to its students.
- It is an extended ministry of the International Baptist Church.
- This school believes that time and talent are trusts from God and is concerned with the spiritual as well as the intellectual growth of the students.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||127 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Average SAT score||1120|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Details upon request)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 15 / Jul. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts are available for multiple children...details upon request.|
|Admissions Director||Melinda Cazis|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Film Club, Travel Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- International Christian School is dedicated to assisting parents in their God-given responsibility of educating their children by providing a high-quality spiritual and academic program while encouraging children to live Christ-centered lives. It is the mission of International Christian School to help each child reach his full potential before God and to become a contributing citizen of the society in which he is to dwell.
- The primary objective and purpose of International Christian School is to train the student in the knowledge of God and the Christian way of life while giving the student an excellent education. The teachers of International Christian School realize their solemn responsibility before God in molding the life and character of each of their students in order to give a good foundation for each child's future. Christian education is education that is Christ centered, pupil related, and socially applied with a Biblical foundation. The finest education is virtually worthless unless the child develops the self-discipline and determination that are essential if he is to succeed in life. International Christian School is built on the premise that God's Holy Word, the Bible, when applied to a child's life, will provide him with the time-tested principles that will enable him to set proper goals and give him the strength to meet them. International Christian School consistently reinforces the parents' authority in the home, as well as a sense of duty to God and country.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-12 | 272 students
1100 E 42nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718) 377-5682 2.5 PK-12
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-8 | 224 students
2433 Ocean Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11235
(718) 648-6100 4.1 NS-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-10 | 418 students
1413 45th St
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718) 854-0800 1.3 PK-10
I don't know how many times I have recommended International Christian School to friends and acquaintances. My son just graduated from that school and it has imparted to him the required education, but most of all it taught him how to fear and love the LORD more and more. I distinctly remember during his initial interview with the Vice Principal, he was told "you are not here to make friends, but to learn". He did gain friends through the years but putting his studies first was instilled in his mind early on, something I appreciate. I am most thankful and grateful to the Principal, the faculty, and staff of ICS. For any parent who has qualms about where to send their kids to, ICS is for you!
- Posted by Parent - aedr9
Our family has been thankful for International Christian School. A small school feel where everyone gets to know each other in our bustling city, and teachers who care for their students. I appreciate the education my children are receiving at ICS, in their academics as well as their respect and loyalty for God, country and others. Please consider ICS for your child!
- Posted by Parent - jessi
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.