Islamic Academy of Burlington County, Inc.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Arabic Language Classical, Advanced Chemistry Honors, Advanced Computer Science with Java, Algebra II with Trigonometry Honors, Calculus I Honors, College Preparatory Critical Reading and Analysis, Economics I Microeconomics, Economics II Macro Economics, Physics Honors I and II, Prep for AP US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy Pants and Navy Jumper with white shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,950|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Abu Sameer|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Flag Football,|
Football, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Charity Initiatives, Youth Groups
Arts and Music Programs:
Islamic Calligraphy for Auctions
- The Islamic Academy of Burlington County was officially foundedin September of 2008 and was registered with the state of NewJersey Department of Education as a private school. The formalizedschool was the natural progression of what had been a homeschooling network beginning in July 2005.The 2016-17 academic yearis expected to begin with 140+ registered students, 23 full-time& part-time teachers, as well as many volunteers. The school iscurrently offering a program that includes PreK and goes up to the11th grade. We hope to add an additional grade each school year,inshallah, and eventually move towards a complete PreK-12 collegepreparatory program.
- IABC is currently offering a PreK-11th program designed forfamilies that are interested in the Tarbiya of their children in avery traditional Islamic Environment along with providing them witha very strong academic foundation for higher education. The programis developing towards a K-12 College Preparatory program over thecoming years, inshallah.
- The program that we currently have in place is designed forhighly motivated students/parents. The Core Curriculum subjects(Language Arts and Math) along with Science, Social Studies, etcare taught on an honors track. All student by the 6th grade aretaking honors classes as we do not have the personnel to handlemultiple tracks for remedial learners or students with specialeducation needs. In addition to the required Core Curriculumsubjects students are expected to:Memorize Portions of the Quran(Abridged Tahfeez Program-Approx. 5 Juz over 8years)Study/Master Fusha (Quranic) Arabic (over 8 years) tobe able to comprehend the QuranStudy/Master the rules ofTajweed to properly recite the QuranStudy Seerah/History ofIslam/Stories of Sahaba etcAll of the above translates into anextraordinary amount of homework and workload outside of school.This requires a highly motivated student and parents to encouragethem on a regular basis in order to keep up with the requirements.The purpose of this information is to prepare a prospective familyto the expectations at IABC.
- The basis of admission is as follows:
- Past performance from previous schooling including StandardizedTesting results
- Previous study of the Quran/Arabic (particularly for transferstudents in 2nd grade & above)
- IABC Basic Skills Testing (Entrance Exam, includes LA, Math& Arabic components)
- Parent/Child Interview (upon successful completion of IABCBasic Skills Testing)
- Our facility is a modest facility built for our needs. Itincludes the two Mussallahs (Brothers/Sisters) and currently 9total classrooms. IABC is both a masjid and an Islamic School. Wehave approvals for adding an additional 9 classrooms from thetownship planning board and are currently in the process of raisingthe required funds to begin the construction.
- To begin the process of your application please submit thefollowing documents via mail or email at your earliestconvenience:
- IABC Enrollment Form (for each Student - complete filled out,with both parents current Cell phone numbers and emailaddresses)
- Parents Questionnaire (one per family)
- Birth Certificates ( a copy of the original document for eachchild)
- People that viewed Islamic Academy of Burlington County, Inc. also viewed these schools: Academy Of Greatness And Excellence.
Nearby Homes for Sale
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.