Jackie's Performing Arts & Private Education
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (512) 282-7739
- School's mission is to provide a broad, stimulating and challenging educational program that is sharply focused on the development of the whole child: mind, body, and character.
- Our goal is to instill in each child the desire and enthusiasm for a life-long interest in learning and the arts.
- In addition to a challenging academic curriculum that focuses on laying a solid foundation for advanced study, students are introduced to various activities that will help them develop their skills in areas such as dance, swim, sports, gymnastics, music and drama.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||388 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Austin Grades: K-8
3901 Shoal Creek Blvd.
Austin, TX 78750
(512) 206-4070 11.9 K-8
- Austin Grades: K-8 | 534 students
3901 Bee Cave Rd
Austin, TX 78746
(512) 472-9525 9 K-8
You look at Jackie's and it's hard to compare it to any other school around, It's so different. I agree, it isn't a brand new building, bright and shiny, but they offer so much more than anyone else ! My oldest daughter started going to Jackie's at age 3, she was in the MMO program, it helped her develop her motor skills, as well as her social skills... At age 6, she performed in Jackie's big recital and it was incredible ! My heart was racing, she was so young, yet together and confident, I watched her perform with tears in my eyes, I felt so proud : what a life experience for her ! Thank you so much, Jackie ! My other daughter started at Jackie's at age 2, she is now almost 3, a little fish who loves water and swims beautifully under water, the cutest ballerina, quite a gymnast and, last but not least, she LOVES Jackie's, she goes part time but asks everyday if today is :"go to yackie's? Now? ...Yes, maman, yackie's ?" Need I say more ?
- Posted by Parent - pvacp
Jackie's has been a part of South Austin for over 33 years, Once you join the Jackie's Family you will not want to leave! Children are taught in a very loving atmosphere where quality instruction is a must! Jackie's has produced many award winning gymnasts and dancers as well as acedemic scholars! The swim program is taught in a indoor heated pool year round!
- Posted by Parent - Konac
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.