Jewish Community Center Kindergarten
- The JCC's philosophy for early childhood education ECE is to care for children with warmth and guidance in an environment that honors and supports their individuality.
- The JCC's ECE program strives to give each child a balanced education that is specifically tailored to the individual child, while also integrated into the community of the classroom.
- The learning environment reflects opportunities involving one or more of the domains of development: social and emotional, cognitive, physical and cultural.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The JCC's ECE developmentally appropriate play-based curriculum is designed to help nurture the inquisitive, outgoing spirit in children to investigate and explore their surroundings. Your child will engage in experiences guided by skilled teachers, who know exactly when to actively supervise, to stimulate or scaffold, to inconspicuously watch, or to provide warmth and nurturing. The JCC's ECE educational program is based on an integrated approach to child development where the Creative Arts, Sciences, Literacy and Numeracy skills are incorporated within the daily activities of the classrooms. Your child will be involved in 'hands-on' learning where concepts and skills are experienced as integrated parts of learning and exploration, rather than isolated proficiencies. The daily schedule is designed to balance active play and quiet rest, individual attention and group interaction, free choice and structured activities. The balance of planned and emergent programming supports the development of not only basic skills, but also the higher level critical thinking skills of observation, questioning, problem solving, and making predictions. At the JCC, your child is exposed to the beauty and excitement of Jewish life; they learn through celebration and instruction as well as by playing in an environment rich in Jewish traditions.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Allentown Grades: PK-8 | 80 students
2313 W Pennsylvania St
Allentown, PA 18104
(610) 437-0721 0.6 PK-8
- Allentown Grades: PK-8 | 391 students
210 North 18th Street
Allentown, PA 18104
(610) 435-8981 0.7 PK-8
- Allentown Grades: K-5 | 90 students
1033 W Washington St
Allentown, PA 18102
(610) 841-3588 1.3 K-5
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.