Judson International School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Judson High School offers a 1:1 technology program. We develop truly interesting students who love learning and are ready for college.
Judson has an excellent middle school students that prepares our students for entrance into any private or public high school, including Judson High School.
Judson offers competitive sports teams including basketball, volleyball, flag football, track and field, cross-country and soccer,
Judson has an excellent arts program including studio art, musical theater, worship bands and music classes.
Judson welcomes international students in all grades and provides the I-20. While 75 % of our students are American, our students body and staff represent 20 different nations.
- Judson International School is a K-12 Christian school in Pasadena, CA. Our mission is to partner with parents in educating children who will grow in knowledge, Judson is accredited by WASC and affiliated with ASCI, College Board and CIF. Judson's mission is to partner with parents in educating children who will grow in knowledge, understanding and wisdom to become leaders in God's Kingdom and today's world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP US Government, AP World History,|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(polo shirt with logo, khaki/navy pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||K - 6 tuition $8500 7 - 8 tuition $9500 High School tuition $11500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kim Aasland|
|Admissions Associate||Chris Soderling|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ASB, Chess Class, Dance, Drama, Music, Musical Theater, Student Govermemnt ASB, Chess Class, Dance, Drama, Music, Musical Theater,|
- culturally diverse faculty and student body
- 70th percentile for testing (Terra Nova, PSAT, SAT)
- development of truly interesting students who love learning and are ready for college
- average SAT score: 1639
- integrated history-based International Christian Curriculum
- 1:1 technology program in high school and junior high
- investigative learning approach with meaningful field trips
- electives include art, music, PE, computer, Spanish, theater, journalism, weight training and technology
- CIF sports for high school, Foothill Sports Leage for grades 5-8
- muscial theater program
- after-school care, enrichment programs
- I-20s available for international students
- ELD instruction
- Eagle academy and homeschool classes
- small school atmosphere with big school advantages
- affordable tuition for a priceless education
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 709 students
3880 E Sierra Madre Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
- PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 673 students
169 South Saint John Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
My family and I moved from Kansas City and heard about Judson. After visiting the school, our kindergartener was ecstatic to start. Since school began, we have been impressed with the quality of the teachers as well as the students who attend. We have been blessed to be in a new area and find a school that our son loves . We look forward to the future with Judson!
- Posted by Parent - Tim
Since 9th grade, our son has flourished in the learning environment of Judson High School due to teachers and coaches who have gone well above their pay scale to attend to the individual needs of the students. This is made possible by the manageable class size of each grade coupled with extremely competent, skilled teachers who genuinely care for the students. The same is reflected on the field and on the court, with coaches that are concerned more than X's and O's but the character development of the athletes. We are blessed to have a school like Judson in our community.
- Posted by Parent - Kenichi & Sayuri
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.